Need some help getting a livable space

Paul James

Thanks Renee for your comments. I know off-gassing is an issue for me as I get allergy symptoms in new MHs, especially if they have lots of carpet. Aside from the winter months I plan on being in the northeast much of the time, so moisture control will be a concern.

I've been on a few Evergreen forums, they're built with almost no wood in the structure, and claim off-gassing is very low. I prefer a MH but I'm giving the 5th wheels and TTs a look, Evergreen's Bay Hill 5th would have the advantage of more living space, but I'd be worried that some of the larger ones would prevent me from state and National parks I'd want to visit. I also notice they use the Schwintek slides that a previous posters warned about. Some people on the Evergreen forums have said they'd had trouble with them.

As a graduate of the Escapees RV boot camp, my best advice is to attend before you buy. You will learn about what to look for, what to avoid, how go maintain, safety issues and how to protect yourself, and so much more. We do not have our rig yet but, thanks to boot camp as well as visiting with other attendees, we know exactly what we want. We were told by numerous attendees that they were on their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th MH and wish they would have attended BC before they bought their 1st. We want to only make one purchase until it is time to downsize if we ever quit full timing. It was the best investment of time and money (pretty inexpensive) we have made fof our peace of mind. Also stayed for the Escapade and met so many people and made so many friends who are already living the full time lifestyle we are planning to enjoy, beginning in a few months. We stayed in a hotel and went to the Escapade site each day. Could also rent an R V from a local rental place. Good luck with youf decision.

Archived