303 around Phoenix, AZ?

Velos

Will be coming from Kingman, AZ heading south on 93 and wanting to go around Phoenix if possible and wondering if the 303 on the west side is open? Don't know if this link will work? According to "Google" it appears that there is construction on 303??

Thank you.

Will be coming from Kingman, AZ heading south on 93 and wanting to go around Phoenix if possible and wondering if the 303 on the west side is open? Don't know if this link will work? According to "Google" it appears that there is construction on 303??

Thank you.

We were in that area last spring, and there is construction, but the 303 is open south of HWY 60.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

We were through there last week. 303 is indeed open from 60 to I-10, although there is still construction at 60.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

What is your destination?

You can also take AZ 74 just south of Wickenburg over to I-17 then down to Loop 101, go east on Loop 101, which then goes south on the east side of Scottsdale, getting off where appropriate if going to the East Valley or take Loop 101 down to Loop 202 west which then connects with I-10 south of US 60. With this route you will miss the interchanges in Phoenix, airport traffic, the tunnel, etc.

The caveat is don't do this during rush hour as the 101 comes to a standstill during those times. But then all of the freeways have problems from 7-9 am and 3-6 pm.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

What is your destination?

You can also take AZ 74 just south of Wickenburg over to I-17 then down to Loop 101, go east on Loop 101, which then goes south on the east side of Scottsdale, getting off where appropriate if going to the East Valley or take Loop 101 down to Loop 202 west which then connects with I-10 south of US 60. With this route you will miss the interchanges in Phoenix, airport traffic, the tunnel, etc.

The caveat is don't do this during rush hour as the 101 comes to a standstill during those times. But then all of the freeways have problems from 7-9 am and 3-6 pm.

Heading to Sun Lakes, AZ was hoping to avoid I-17.

Should be going thru Phoenix around noon so hope that will avoid some traffic.

Take the AZ 74 cutoff - you will be on I-17 well north of Phoenix and then the Loop 101 will get you straight south. When you reach the 202 (you will have gone by the 202 on the north side of Mesa) go east on the 202 until you get to the Hiway 87, turn south and soon you will be in Sun Lake.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We drove from Wikieup, AZ on 93 (Future I-11 corridor) thru Phoenix yesterday around noon. There was construction around the 303 on ramp and about a mile west but very little traffic and easy on to I-10. Lot of traffic but and easy ride.

We had never been on 93 between Kingman and Wickenburg it was a pretty good road several divided highways along the way. Got to our destination before the rain and hail started.

Thanks for all the tips.

Archived