Traveling through El Paso, Texas.

cmdmiles

We have used the 375 loop all the way to US 54 then north on 54 to FM3255 then continue north to NM 404 and back to I-10.

As earlier posters have said, as long as your not at rush hour, I-10 is really no big deal. I would rather do El Paso than Houston any day!

Lenp

We usually pass through on I-10 in late AM to early PM with no problems.

That's what we did. We try to be on the road between 9 and 3. Usually try to time going through the big cities 10 to 11 or 1 to 3. That being said we still got tied up in backed up traffic in El Paso on I-10 so you never know.

I also just stayed on I-10. Much easier than trying to remember what the alternate roads are so which I should be looking for next and wondering how far away that is. I have all the time in the world to get to wherever I'm headed now so I don't sweat it. Never drive in the far right lane in Texas, though. That lane has a tendency to end then begin again quite frequently.

Linda Sand

…..Never drive in the far right lane in Texas, though. That lane has a tendency to end then begin again quite frequently.

Linda Sand

And the warning is always about 50 ft before the lane goes away - which means for those of us pulling a car, there is no "hop over" room for us! :o

It's not wise to drive in the far right lane anyway when going through cities. That lane is highly congested with traffic moving to and from ramps. If three plus lanes, I like to travel in the second from the left lane where there is less maneuvering.

I've never seen a lane end on an interstate without adequate warning.

JMO

It's not wise to drive in the far right lane anyway when going through cities. That lane is highly congested with traffic moving to and from ramps. If three plus lanes, I like to travel in the second from the left lane where there is less maneuvering.

I've never seen a lane end on an interstate without adequate warning.

JMO

I-20 on the south side of Dallas, coming up on the 360 interchange to DFW airport. Not only does the right lane become exit only, but the lane next to it abruptly ends just after the exit and there is no warning about it ending before the exit.

Rush hour near any city pulling a car behind the motorhome so that you are 55+ ft in length, unless you've got a mile or so warning, there may not be enough time to get into a new lane. One reason I love my TomTom, it alerts me miles ahead when I need to get over at least one lane.

Barb

Archived