Fulltime Banking

deppeler

Kept the same bank we used in VA. Local, know the employees, easy to use web site. This bank has always been at the for front of all technologies so web banking way back in early 2000s.

Opened a second account for ease of access to our daughter. Bigger bank, nothing but a nightmare. Wouldn't let her use our very specific power of attorney etc. Left them after a year.

Also now have an account vwith Alliant Credit Union. They finance full time RVs and are easy to work with

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We have moved in our our RV for the last several years using a couple different banking institutions, we use Navy Federal Credit Union for banking and USAA for most loans, USAA operations seam to be easy to use but much slower than Navy Fed by several days. The only issue we have ever had with the domicile police was 3 years age when I left a job(oct 2009 to oct 2011) and was domiciled in Wa state and then moved back to Arkansas in spring of 2012, on my taxes for 2011 and my final contact point with my old company I listed an Arkansas address to send tax refund, work location and domicile were listed as Washington. I did not even file with Arkansas because I had not lived there, Arkansas tried to force me to pay income tax($8000 in taxes) on my Washington earnings just because I had owned a house (in Ar) during that time and the Federal government informed the state of the Arkansas address to send a return. It took a year and half to straighten it out, and they would not accept rental statements for the full 2 years as proof. The only thing that finally convinced them was our tax prepare er had always placed a statement in our taxes documenting our domicile by month each year.

2000 Country Coach Magna

Shelby Guard Dog(pug)

Pat & Kim

We are former California residents. I'm told CA has nasty domicile police. So we are as careful as possible since I earn some income in CA. We pay CA tax on that income but everything else is in South Dakota, our domicile. We have had Well's Fargo for 25 years but moved the branch to the town of our mail forwarding address. We are currently making new wills and a trust in South Dakota and are registered to vote there. We even bought property in SD to counter balance the property we own in CA. What personal items we kept we moved to SD. We stay out of CA for more than 6 months a year even though we have family there that we need to look in on.

Vicki Rains

My only concern is that if I receive interest from my Tinker savings account would I still have to file a non-resident OK State Tax return, that is what I am trying to avoid, doe anyone one know?

There are examples of Oklahoma Source Income taxable to a Non-resident given in the Oklahoma instructions for Non-residents. Interest income is not listed as an example of Oklahoma Source Income leading one to conclude that it is not taxable under Oklahoma law to a Non-resident. In addition, only a Non-resident with Oklahoma Source Income of $1,000 or more is required to file an Oklahoma income tax return.

Before retiring and going full time we banked with Bank of America, and since their branches a pretty much all over we decided to stay with them. That being said, we haven't been physically in a bank branch in over 5yrs. We're completely paperless and can do all our banking wireless, and can use any ATM we choose without a fee. It works for us.

We didn't find this to be accurate when we had BOA. But since check scanning came about it really don't matter any more. Everything internet based.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived