If you’re about to spend thousands of $$$ for a NEW RV, you may want to read this.

I can’t go RV’ing because my 2014 HEARTLAND Wilderness leaks grey water all over the ground. I bought it NEW from CAMPING WORLD and have made 6 attempts to get the problem fixed, 4 of those attempts resulted in repairs being made, which have all failed. Two different RV shops refused to even attempt a repair. Camping World (multiple locations) keeps putting a band-aid on a fracture. The most recent of those 4 repairs they didn’t even connect the threaded coupling under the shower. Camping World only does repairs that Heartland will allow/approve. I have been fighting this battle with CW and HL for over a year now and it seems I have lost.

“”As previously noted, CWRV Sales sold the RV “AS IS” and excluded from the sale all express or implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.””---David Partin, Camping World RV Sales.

“Additional components which have been installed in the recreational vehicle, including but not limited to microwave ovens, ranges, refrigerators, leveling jacks, furnaces/heaters, generators, power converters, batteries, and other items not specifically manufactured by Heartland RV, LCC, are warranted by the component manufacturers as detailed in their individual manufacturers warranties, and are not covered by this Limited Warranty”--- excerpt from my Heartland owner’s manual.

So between the two above “disclaimers” good luck getting your Camping World/Heartland RV repaired correctly under warranty. My warranty has now expired, while sitting at a Camping World location awaiting repairs, after having spent almost half its life in repair shops. Do your research, make your own decision and good luck RV’ing. Beware…Heartland makes, and Camping World sells a lot of brands.

Items that have fallen off, broken, or failed: spare tire cover, holding tank drain cap, holding tank T-handle, TV mounting screws, rear bumper end cap, oven wouldn’t stay lit, exit door threshold, stabilizer mounting screws, shore power coupling mounting screws, kitchen sink drain plumbing, bathroom sink drain plumbing, external propane coupling, water heater wiring bundle, kitchen drawer, main entry door, main entry screen door, mattress collapsed, TV cable connector, shower faucet valves(both), SHOWER DRAIN PLUMBING LEAK, slide out leak while traveling. Oh yeah, it was still winterized upon delivery(no warning sticker) and the tires weren’t even aired up.

If I only count 1 item failing per trip, then my brand new travel trailer has had a 100% failure rate.

If this sounds like sour grapes, it is, because I have a brand new, at time of purchase, $20,000 RV that I can’t use and can’t get fixed. Thanks CAMPING WORLD and HEARTLAND for putting an expensive and disheartening impediment to my retirement.

This entire process does have its humorous side. Someone from CW corp. “web response team” called and said, “we understand you are having some issues with your Mallard. I would like to address these issues about your MALLARD.” I have a Wilderness.

Keep the dialog open with CW. Use the rv.net forum in the Dear Marcus section and tell it like it is. Stick with the facts only, as difficult as that may be to not express your emotions and frustrations. A pre existing problem, not one you may have caused, can give you considerable leverage.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

went to rv.net and heartlandowners...got banned from the latter, they don't want to hear about problems. rvnet was entertaining, reading about all the CW complaints, and then all the complaints about the CW "rapid response team" One thing I did was contact Marcus and ask him, "how do you sleep at night" I haven't gotten a response lol. Anyway CW will never touch my TT again, it usually comes back in worse shape than when I took it in.

Guest THE TRAILERKING

One thing I did was contact Marcus and ask him, "how do you sleep at night" I haven't gotten a response lol.

He must be too busy producing his TV show "The Profit". On his show he seems like a straight shooter. I'd keep on him......I think he'll want to male it right.

Sorry to hear about the issues your having, but I'm not sure I understand. Did you buy your unit "New", or "as is"? You say twice that you purchased the unit "new", but also say: As previously noted CWRV sold the RV "AS IS". I guess I don't understand how a brand new unit can be sold "as is" with no warranty. I have never set foot in a Camping World, but as far as RV Service goes, I do not believe I have ever heard one good review of them on any forum. Best of luck to you sir.

Sniper & Sweet P

Escapees 124743 H.O.C. 1371

We haven't had our Heartland mpg for a few years now, and I haven't been on the owners forum for some time, but it used to be a pretty friendly and helpful group. Heartland used to have a pretty good reputation for working with owners when there were problems that weren't getting resolved by the dealer.

Now, as Sniper asked, if the coach was purchased USED, there probably wouldn't be any warranty, so Heartland would not necessarily be willing to stand behind it. On the other hand, if the previous owner also had problems that weren't getting taken care of, and you are having those same problems, an attorney might make the case that Heartland ought to take care of the problems regardless of who owns the coach or how long it has been.

Have you considered taking the trailer back to the factory? If you have all of the service records with you, the factory might be able to get things fixed properly, and they might be able to get it done at little or no additional cost to you. Might be worth a try.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Just a small side note, not related to EA's original post: "Lazy Days" (with a "y") is a dealership selling various makes; "Lazy Daze" (with a "z") is a small family owned manufacturer with no dealerships. Those of us with rigs manufactured by Lazy Daze have confidence in the original quality and the customer service of their product.

Clarkie
Dick & Linda, hosting Abbie, our miniature Dachshund.
23.5' Lazy Daze MH
Newberg, Oregon

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing to say about Lazy Days or Daze, but just to say to Clarkie46 that Newberg is my hometown, class of 69! How long have you been there?

Sorry to be slow in responding Dennis. Just saw your note today. We've been in Newberg since 1988. Love the community. If you haven't been back in awhile you'll see lots of changes -- some for the good! :)

Clarkie
Dick & Linda, hosting Abbie, our miniature Dachshund.
23.5' Lazy Daze MH
Newberg, Oregon

Archived