Quad Step Entry

travelinbob

I've been thinking about buying a 4 step entry to replace our 3 step system.

Has anyone done this or are you happy with your quad step.

Is there more wiggle to the 4 step.

Main reason is for the ease of entry but if there is more wiggle I think

I'd rather keep what I have .

Thanks in advance for your help.

Our new rig came with a four step entry unit made by LCI. It was not a good unit and felt very unsafe on the bottom step. It was subsequently recalled for failures of the bottom step and our manufacturer replaced it with a four step unit by Flexco which is a much better unit and feels much safer. The tread depth appears the same as our previous three step unit. So the message is to carefully review which ever unit you intend to buy, they are not all the same. If possible actually walk up and down a sample. For us it was the going down that felt the most dangerous on the original unit. When you would step on the bottom step it felt like it was going to collapse. DW especially disliked it, she has had both knees replaced and has less agility and was afraid of falling. Best Wishes, Jay

I replace the three step with a four step in the rv site we were in years ago. The fourth step closest to the ground was not as firm as the old 3 step, so I would used a block of wood to lay under that step for removing the flex. Otherwise loved the 4th step, easier to gain access into the rig and even my dog liked it better. I recall there was 6 bolts holding the original 3 step and the new set had the same holes for the bolts, not a big job, but they were heavy so used a floor jack to pull out the old steps and position the new set in place.

Our previous rig had the 3 step system and worked fine. Our latest rig has the 4 step system and works just as well. That is until I tried ripping it off the trailer! :) One ALWAYS needs to know when the steps are down and what objects are in the way! You can't check too many times when you are moving your rig! Put on whatever steps work best for you. Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Archived