Quad Step Entry

travelinbob

I've been thinking about buying a 4 step entry to replace our 3 step system.

Has anyone done this or are you happy with your quad step.

Is there more wiggle to the 4 step.

Main reason is for the ease of entry but if there is more wiggle I think

I'd rather keep what I have .

Thanks in advance for your help.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

My motorhome had a 2 step that i had to put a sissor jack under the bottom step to control the squishy feeling when i stepped on it. I now have a DRV with the electric 4 step and i was really surprised at how solid it is.

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

Other step options you may want to consider:

http://rv-co.com/index.html We have been using these for a year and are pleased with the portability and ease of RV entry/exit

http://www.sunrisedecks.com/

Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Our new rig came with a four step entry unit made by LCI. It was not a good unit and felt very unsafe on the bottom step. It was subsequently recalled for failures of the bottom step and our manufacturer replaced it with a four step unit by Flexco which is a much better unit and feels much safer. The tread depth appears the same as our previous three step unit. So the message is to carefully review which ever unit you intend to buy, they are not all the same. If possible actually walk up and down a sample. For us it was the going down that felt the most dangerous on the original unit. When you would step on the bottom step it felt like it was going to collapse. DW especially disliked it, she has had both knees replaced and has less agility and was afraid of falling. Best Wishes, Jay

2015 Continental Coach Elegance by Forks RV, 41'; 2015 FL M2 112, DD 13, by 2L Custom Trucks; Trailer Saver air hitch; '48 Navigoddess with a Rand McNally GPS

Check out the "Glowstep Revolution"by Torklift.

I'm looking at this one right now. Checking for what is involved in the switch.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

We have the 5 step RV-Co Steps (portable) and we love them. Our unit was ordered with 4 steps (LCI) but due to the height of our rig we most frequently found that our bottom step was still too high off the ground.

Gene & Lisa (and Abby)

2014 Chevy 3500 D/A 4x4 Dually

2015 DRV Mobile Suites 38PS3

Trailersaver TS3

2012 Toyota Prius

event.png

I replace the three step with a four step in the rv site we were in years ago. The fourth step closest to the ground was not as firm as the old 3 step, so I would used a block of wood to lay under that step for removing the flex. Otherwise loved the 4th step, easier to gain access into the rig and even my dog liked it better. I recall there was 6 bolts holding the original 3 step and the new set had the same holes for the bolts, not a big job, but they were heavy so used a floor jack to pull out the old steps and position the new set in place.

Stacey Frank
SKP #67438
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 34QFA

2015 Cadillac SRX
2019 Tesla Model X

1991 Avanti Convertible

Our previous rig had the 3 step system and worked fine. Our latest rig has the 4 step system and works just as well. That is until I tried ripping it off the trailer! :) One ALWAYS needs to know when the steps are down and what objects are in the way! You can't check too many times when you are moving your rig! Put on whatever steps work best for you. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

• 3 weeks later...

We ordered our DRV Houston with the 4 step Power stairs. They are rock solid and we love the fact that they are powered (cool factor)! But we optioned them because they were super solid.

Love them.

David

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

Check out the "Glowstep Revolution"by Torklift.

We're getting one of these installed on my new 5er...Will report back on it once installed... I like the concept.

2016 DRV MS36RSSB3
2016 Ram 3500 DRW/CC/LB/4X4/Aisin/4.10 Longhorn, rear air assist suspension
B&W OEM RVK3600 Companion hitch

Changed out 3 step steel to quad step aluminum at the Frog rally this year in Goshen. Use 2-by under bottom step to eliminate bounce. Steps are wider than the steel ones which we like. These are Flexco and they are under the LCI flag now.

Dave

2004 Volvo 630 left tandem with 12 speed Freedomline

2014 Sandpiper 35 ROK 42' fifth wheel

Western Golf & Country Cart (EZ-GO frame)

Archived