Travel Trailer Electric Tongue Jacks?

Kirk W

What brand of tongue jack would you suggest I buy? I have been looking at them and they have a wide range in prices and some deviation in specs as well. My little trailer only has a GVWR of 3800#. Any thoughts? Brands? Specs? Brands to avoid?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'm clueless Kirk but do make sure it's heavy enough built that accidently backing into it won't let it bend over like quite a few I have seen and make sure it has a manual crank in case the battery is dead. You might check to see which one has a parts list available in case of malfunctions.

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

We were very happy with an ultra fab on our TT. I was also very impressed with their customer service when I overextended it an broke an internal pin. They told me how to fix it and sent me a new pin, plus a spare I requested, for free.

Ron and Pat, and 2 Portuguese Water Dogs

2013 Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax w/SuperGlide

2005 NuWa HitchHiker DA 31.5 LK w/MorRyde IS

Kirk

Are you looking for a manual jack or electric?

For manual Tractor supply has some pretty heavy duty jacks that would do the job with ease.

As for electric please keep me informed as I am starting to look for one myself. My trailer is heavier than yours ( in the 9-10 K range) but maybe the info could help.

Does your TT have the round hole for installation Kirk ? I see they sell a socket for installing in a drill or an impact driver. Do NOT ever use impact driver lol yep talking from experience I totally ate the threads up on a regular scissor jack changing out the springs on my 5th wheel but for me it was worth it making the job so much easier.

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

I got this one from Amazon last year (almost exactly 1 full year), paid $114 at that time, and it works fine for my 26' toyhauler. I'm sure a more expensive one would be quieter, perhaps a little faster (this one is fast enough), and more feature rich, but I'm more than happy with this one. I always have a bottle jack with me in the truck, so if this jack happens to give up the ghost during a trip, I have a back up option.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B9HOQVC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I just bought one from a Harbor Frt. store that look like the one dartmoouth01 linked to from Amazon. I bought in Albq. off the shelf for $129. plus tax. I use it on my 30ft Sunnybrook. It has been adequate in limited us so far and was an easy install. I am not crazy over the position of the light switch but it its not a big deal.

P.S. I'm not excited about the auxiliary crank set-up but it works an I hope to never need it.

Archived