Question about plumbing

kinseypw

The water pump in our Cougar 322qbs was really noisy so I decided to put some flexible tubing in the line to take out some of the pulsation. I looked for the right fittings in Home Depot and Lowes but couldnt find the right ones. I did a search on camping world and still didnt find what I'm looking for. In the end I just cut the hard plaastic tubing and used hose clamps - problem solved!! Pump was much quieter. Until one of the lines slipped off and the pump emptied the whole fresh tank into the closet in the bedroom where its located. Anyone know what these fittings are called and where to get them? I need a male fitting to a hose barb.

You should be able to find the appropriate PEX or Sharkbite fitting. Lowes, Home Depot and even Ace Hardware has them

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Won't help now, but we always try to turn off the pump when we leave the rig.

One night while we were sleeping it dribbled an entire tank of fresh water out the city water connection! Just running slowly and quietly!

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Archived