Hoses / Fittings for Splendide/Ariston Washer

gg923

Hello,
I am a fairly handy guy but this one has me a bit puzzled. We have a splendide/Ariston washer in our rig and one of the hoses is defective and needs to be replaced. My first instincts were to replace them with the standard SS Braided hoses - which I tried-and they immediately leaked at the washer end. Upon further investigation it appears that these hoses have a goofy type fitting on the washer end and a standard hose connection on the other (See pics of the goofy fitting). I have searched high and low looking for replacement hoses, with the exception of Westland, and have not been able to find them. I know that I cannot be the only one with this situation and just wondering what you guys might have done.

Thanks in Advance for your help!
Gene

post-27998-0-26653800-1445292792_thumb.jpg

post-27998-0-60054300-1445292807_thumb.jpg

Gene & Lisa (and Abby)

2014 Chevy 3500 D/A 4x4 Dually

2015 DRV Mobile Suites 38PS3

Trailersaver TS3

2012 Toyota Prius

event.png

We ordered our replacement hoses from Westland. I don't recall the exact details (it was 2009) but I think the fittings are not a US standard; possibly a Euro standard.

Makes sense, I think Splendide is made in France Correction, it's made in Italy. Don't know where Ariston is made.

You're right, Westland sales is as low-priced as anyone. I had one burst, Westland sales UPS'ed one to me overnight, but I was parked only 200 miles from them.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Nto to hijack but, I have Ariston washer and have a mildew issue on the rubber seal in the washer, have treated with all types of mildew killer. Suggestions? I have a request in to Ariston for a replacement seal.

Roger and Barbara

On the pale blue planet, retired and happy.

2011 DRV MS 36RSSB3

2015 GMC Crew Cab Duramax DRW

My wife informed me I was wrong! Could it be? Anyway she reminded me of the spare hose I bought at ACE hardware. to fit the Splendide machine. The package is marked $6.99, but today they are $13.99. Guess I've had it a while. They are braided steel reinforced rubber.

Helipilot, wash the seal and leave the door open when stored/unused. The dryer cycle should be completely drying the seal though. We don't have this problem, but we always use the dry cycle.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

My wife informed me I was wrong! Could it be? Anyway she reminded me of the spare hose I bought at ACE hardware. to fit the Splendide machine. The package is marked $6.99, but today they are $13.99. Guess I've had it a while. They are braided steel reinforced rubber.

Helipilot, wash the seal and leave the door open when stored/unused. The dryer cycle should be completely drying the seal though. We don't have this problem, but we always use the dry cycle.

So Ray, are you saying that your Ace hose will work on the Splendide?

RBH, I haven't installed it, it''s a spare I bought years ago and forgot it entirely until DW reminded me. It has USA hose threads in the metal end to fit a faucet, and finer, metric threads in the plastic 90* end. In fact, I have 2 spares now, the one in the ACE package, and a good one I replaced when the other burst. I bought 2 new from Westland sales while we were in Yahats, OR. and replace both. Both the used one and the new, in-package one are identical. As I said earlier, I think Westland sales will be about the same price.

The ACE part # is not visible on the website, but mine is marked, 42426

RBH, I haven't installed it, it''s a spare I bought years ago and forgot it entirely until DW reminded me. It has USA hose threads in the metal end to fit a faucet, and finer, metric threads in the plastic 90* end. In fact, I have 2 spares now, the one in the ACE package, and a good one I replaced when the other burst. I bought 2 new from Westland sales while we were in Yahats, OR. and replace both. Both the used one and the new, in-package one are identical. As I said earlier, I think Westland sales will be about the same price.

The ACE part # is not visible on the website, but mine is marked, 42426

Thanks Ray, I'll look into that ACE product.

Rich

Archived