Trade up to the latest technology and save big

RV_

This one does not apply to me. I have no use for laptops as we have desktops and tablets/hybrids. But since there are more than a few here who don't like the tablet form factor as their primary computer, as the beer ad said, this Budd is for you!

From the 14th through the 20th only you get minimum $200.00 trade up for your old computer to a new Win 10 computer.

There are terms and conditions and your system must be working and six years old or less.

Go here for all the info, time is limited and the offer end on the 21st of this month: https://easytradeup.com/us/en/pages/tradeup/home

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

No offense intended, but I compared one of the items being offered (an HP Envy x360) and it's available at Costco.com at a price that is $200 lower than the pre-trade-in price at the Microsoft store and the unit Costco is delivering has 12GB RAM as compared to 8GB.

Coincidentally, the price at Costco is a limited time promotional one, so all Microsoft probably is doing is passing along a distributor's temporary price reduction in the form of a "trade-in" rather than simply discounting the price of the item. In the electronics business distributors are constantly providing "limited time" price reductions on select models. The retailer has the option of passing these along to the customer or increasing his profit margin. In this case, by calling this a trade-in allowance Microsoft is creating the fiction that it actually is valuing the trade-in when, in fact, it's most likely going to be sent to one of the places that deals in used electronic junk. No one really wants used "up to 6 year old computers" of arbitrary design. The one I would consider trading in only cost me ~$300 at Costco a couple of years ago; no way anyone would assign it a $200 value.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Sorry but not for me either. No DVD, no SSD, plus the reason I am in the market now is the keyboard sticks an I have 5 missing key covers (don't ask). And if I touch the screen on the side it turns off. I don't think it qualifies for $200 but worth that to me.

Joel,

I agree in that Microsoft is sending a signal more than anything else with this promo. That is that they are not out to edge out their hardware vendors as they begin building their own laptops and tablets, as well as more than gaming XBox systems. If one lives here where I do, we only have Sam's clubs not Costco or Staples. I haven't seen their items or prices that weren't easily beaten online. Sam's did have a sale on external 2 TB WD passport drives for $59.00 a few months back that I did not take advantage of either as no need, I have five or six 1 TB and 640GB drives in enclosures.

I am looking for the Surface 4 I guess. The Surface 4 Pro I have yet to see in person but if it really has that size screen and kept the weight down it might be a possibility.

Why didn't you buy the Costco one? If you read the rules they will give $200 trade in on any newer than six years old working system. Click here: https://easytradeup.com/us/en/pages/tradeup/trade-ins But that is likely as you said a promotional swap. Might be a good deal for some.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived