Sign in to follow this  
Trucken

06 Mandaley diesel $47k

2006 diesel 300hp, 37 foot coach for $47,000 with two slides, and 31k miles.

Found this on craigslist at Jacksonville Florida. Lowest price coach I have ever come across with so few miles Diesel engine and two slides. Looks like quite a bargain when compared to coaches on PPL motorhomes. Looks well-maintained in the ad, and was posted five days ago.

If you're interested, you'll have to do your own search on craigslist under RVs. I cannot post a link with an iPad. If you have an iPad and know how to post it like send me a message.

TRUCKEN

PS. I forgot to add, coach has six new battery, all new tires, leveling jacks, and SAT TV. Looks like quite a bargain.

Edited by Trucken

This is probably a scam . The latest version is to advertise a unit for about half of normal. Then you will be told that the unit is in another state. The seller is in the armed forces, He will arrange for the military to transport the unit via air! At no cost to you. He will also tell you the sale will be "approved" by ebay and thus you are protected.

Moisheh

This summer my brother found a great deal offered on Craig's. He called and the lady told him that her son had recently died and the 5th wheel held to many memories for her to keep. Once he tried to make arrangements to go look is when the "great deal" got sketchier and sketchier

This summer my brother found a great deal offered on Craig's. He called and the lady told him that her son had recently died and the 5th wheel held to many memories for her to keep. Once he tried to make arrangements to go look is when the "great deal" got sketchier and sketchier

Give us half the story , why don't ya .

Below are 2 of the scam emails I received from craiglist sellers
Moisheh
Hi ,
Thank you for being interested in purchasing my 1999 Fleetwood Tioga RV that I have for sale. The condition of the RV is excellent, no mechanical problems, very well maintained, never wrecked or involved in an accident, title clear,legally under my name, 31 feet long, 8 person sleeping capacity, AC, functional generator, no leaks.
I am selling it for $2,000. Because of my divorce settlement, I own this RV and I don`t need it, so I'm trying to sell it asap. I gave the motorhome to eBay shipping company in Omaha, NE who will deliver it to the next owner. The transaction will be made through eBay Payments for our own safety. The best part about this is that you'll get 5 days of inspection and shipping for free. If you're interested in purchasing it just e-mail me your full name,shipping address and phone # so I can initiate the deal through eBay and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Regards,
Nydia Woodruff
Hi again ,

I will do my best to walk you through the process. As I told you in my first email, I recently got promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for 3 years. The motorhome is located in Omaha, Nebraska, but I advertised it on other states also to get more exposure and sell it faster. It will be shipped from there by plane with US Navy Military Cargo. Shipping will be done door-to-door, to your exact location, so you will not have to pick the motorhome up yourself. The deal is handled by eBay so I don't have much to do about it. Using eBay`s Buyer Protection Program, you get free delivery, at your place in 5 days. In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. If you wish to proceed just send me an email with your full name (for the bill of sale), a delivery address and a phone # where you can be reached and I will forward them to eBay and they will send you the invoice with all of the transaction details.

Thanks,
Paul

Give us half the story , why don't ya .

First it wasn't located where she earlier indicated it was

Then when he asked about the title he was given 2 different stories during 2 different phone calls

When he asked about a deposit she wanted him to wire that to an account for someone else

He then stumbled across an ad on the internet, at one of the spots like RV Trader, for the exact same rig. The scammer had literally lifted the photos from the add

Thank You for that ^ . ;)

I've seen similar ads for different things : autos , motorcycles and trailers .

Nice pics with unrealistic pricing usually tells the story .

Rich, your right, its gone. Someone got a great deal. Ad was up friday morning. After all the post about being a scam, I called him, Thursday, It was located in Port Charlotte Florida, said come and look at it.

TRUCKEN

Well Moisheh I do not believe in the tooth fairy. I have found great bargains on craigslist. I never answer an ad unless I receive a telephone number. If I receive a text my reply is always give me your telephone number, if I don't receive a telephone number pretty sure it's a scam. Last I would never make a large purchase on something that is more than two hours from me, and I could see it.

Unfortunately I could not post URL with my iPad. Then maybe a better judgment could've been made. Coach was priced about $8000 less then comparable units at PPL motorhomes, not an unrealistic amount.

If you care to check give him a call the telephone is #1-914-585-1707, yes i know 914 is New York, snow bird maybe?

Craigslist Best Buy's, two ATVs for the price of one, and later sold one so I had a free ATV. He was going out of business and had to be out of the building the next day.

TRUCKEN

Dave, thanks many thanks. Have had this thing for only a couple of week, still learning.

Tried using my iPad to log into social security after failed attempts to login, Social Security locks you out for a day.

After three days I finally just called social security. Representative there stated that iPads are notorious for failed logins.

Thanks again for the tip.

TRUCKEN