Weighing Your Rig

Carolaow

Just a little reminder to people (most of whom probably don't need it, but posting for the few who do) that the Escapees has three parks that do the SmartWeigh program. If any of you who are interested are heading south and pass anywhere near Bushnell, FL (just off of I-75), Livingston, TX, or Congress, AZ, check out the SmartWeigh page on the Escapees website:

www.escapees.com/knowledge/smartweigh

I got my rig weighed last Spring at Sumter Oaks and the weighmaster there was very knowledgable and helpful.

Safe travels, all!

Full-timing and enjoying every minute.

Blog: www.agingonwheels.com

The all wheel weighing helps enormously. I quickly discovered in my solo rig that I needed to stash stuff in the corner where I didn't have a 200 lb passenger riding along. A tool box on the floor in front of the passenger seat can help yet move quickly of you want to take someone with you. I also belted a box into the seat for storing canned goods. It would not have occurred to me to do either of these things without an all wheels weigh.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I also fought my conversion company's plan to put the fresh water on one side and the gray water on the other. Having that weight shift back and forth with use was going to be a problem since I moved around a lot. I persuaded them to put the gray below the fresh to remove that challenge. We put the fridge and water heater on the other side to help keep things in balance. You might want to look at such things when deciding what rig to buy.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived