New power center to let your car/toad run your house/RV

RV_

I just made that up. Battery Boondocking, as in having the EV battery run your rig. Here is the new Honda Power 9000.

Article title: Honda Power 9000 Lets EV Owners Power Homes During Grid Outages

Excerpt:

"With EVs approaching critical mass for wide-spread adoption, we are seeing some of the future possibilities sprouting in the form of new products from some of the big names in the industry. This unit allows owners of CHAdeMO-equipped EVs to tap their EV battery to power all their normal household items. Specific applications include providing V2H power during an outage, enabling emergency personnel to keep the lights on in life-saving situations, and off grid applications like camping.

From Honda’s CEATEC Japan 2015 Overview:

“The Power Exporter 9000 is an external power feeding device that enables AC power output from a fuel-cell vehicle (FCV) with maximum output of 9 kW.”

The rest of the article gives more details here: http://cleantechnica.com/2015/10/11/honda-power-9000-lets-ev-owners-power-homes-grid-outages/?utm_source=Cleantechnica+News&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4d95ff3fe3-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_term=0_b9b83ee7eb-4d95ff3fe3-331970081

I fully expect to see EV trucks and they already have EV buses. Chinese manufacturer BYD bears watching as they are beginning to plan their 2016 entry into the US auto market. They already sell their EV buses her with Boston gearing up a BYD bus fleet.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived