NH to TX trip

Cloud 9

Well.....I didn't have anything else to do at the moment......:)

I don't know where you're starting in New Hampshire but I just picked Lebanon, NH for a start. To Livingston, TX you'll have 1850 long miles. This is the most direct route and I made stops at every 250 miles. (I use the Delorme mapping program) You can go onto RVParkReviews.com to find RV parks around those towns.

From Lebanon, NH get on I-91 to I-84 at Hartford, CT. Continue on I-84 to just beyond Newburgh, NY and your 1st stop of 250 miles will be around Montgomery, NY.

Stay on I-84 to Milford, PA taking US209 to I-80 a short distance thru Stroudsburg, PA and take Exit 304 to US209/SR33 to Easton, PA. Get on US22 to Allentown, PA and pick up I-78 taking it to Jonestown, PA and I-81.

2nd night - I-81 - 250 miles - stay around Greencastle, PA

3rd night - I-81 around Christiansburg, VA

4th night I-75 just beyond Knoxville, TX

Then get on I-59 at Chattanooga, TN, picking up I-20 at Birmingham, AL.

5th night - just beyond Birmingham

Get on I-20 thru Jackson, MS.

6th night - just beyond Jackson.

Get on US79 at Greenwood, LA. Take US79 to Carthage, TX to US59 thru Tenaha, TX

7th night around Timpson, TX. Then US59 thru Lufkin, TX into Livingston

8th night - stay at the Escapees park in Livingston

Whew! Have a safe trip. :)

Wow! Thank you for the detailed reply, that is much more than I expected, proving once again this forum is simply the best ! Yes, it is a long way, and not a sightseeing trip. We will definitely be spending more than 1night stops along the way though.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

I would correct to write stay on I 91 to I 691 to I 84. Hartford can be a mess. This routing avoids that mess with a mile+ added. Second is to stay on PA 33 all the way to its end at I 78. US 22 is very rough with a lot of local traffic.

Check out the I 84 diner at Fish Kill. I think its Exit 12 on I 84 in NY. South side of highway. Most of the time I can swing the coach and toad without unhooking. You will leave with the next day's lunch in the white plastic box.

Chattanooga stay right on I 24 at the 75 spilt. Follow I 24 through town and out some 4-5 miles beyond Horseshoe Bend for the left exit to I 59.

Since we come out of Maine, heading for the RGV, after Christmas I am familiar with this routing. You can stay overnight at the PA welcome center just across the bridge from NY. And don't forget Exit 1 in NY is just to the north of the state border with NJ and fuel prices about the same as NH.

For a stop around Knoxville how about Raccoon Valley SKP Park. Not far from from Knoxville on I 40.

An alternative is south to Summerdale and the Rainbow Plantation SKP Park and the run west and a little north to l;ivingstone.

Many thanks for your reply, sounds like a plan! Your mention of the diner brought a big grin and fond memories. Back in the day, when we rode our motorcycles on weekends in a group with several other couples, from our homes in MA and Ct , we made that a part of a full days ride. Glad to hear it is still there.

Carl

Well.....I didn't have anything else to do at the moment......:)

I don't know where you're starting in New Hampshire but I just picked Lebanon, NH for a start. To Livingston, TX you'll have 1850 long miles. This is the most direct route and I made stops at every 250 miles. (I use the Delorme mapping program) You can go onto RVParkReviews.com to find RV parks around those towns.

From Lebanon, NH get on I-91 to I-84 at Hartford, CT. Continue on I-84 to just beyond Newburgh, NY and your 1st stop of 250 miles will be around Montgomery, NY.

Stay on I-84 to Milford, PA taking US209 to I-80 a short distance thru Stroudsburg, PA and take Exit 304 to US209/SR33 to Easton, PA. Get on US22 to Allentown, PA and pick up I-78 taking it to Jonestown, PA and I-81.

2nd night - I-81 - 250 miles - stay around Greencastle, PA

3rd night - I-81 around Christiansburg, VA

4th night I-75 just beyond Knoxville, TX

Then get on I-59 at Chattanooga, TN, picking up I-20 at Birmingham, AL.

5th night - just beyond Birmingham

Get on I-20 thru Jackson, MS.

6th night - just beyond Jackson.

Get on US79 at Greenwood, LA. Take US79 to Carthage, TX to US59 thru Tenaha, TX

7th night around Timpson, TX. Then US59 thru Lufkin, TX into Livingston

8th night - stay at the Escapees park in Livingston

Whew! Have a safe trip. :)

An option to consider: at Knoxville take I40 west to Nashville then find the connecting route to the Natchez Trace Parkway which will take you south to Jackson MS then as above. Just a beautiful ride!

Archived