keystone Cambridge 5th wheel

sclord2002

We have a 2006 Keystone Cambridge 358 camper that is relatively new to us and we were wondering if anyone else on the forum has one of these. We looked for this model for about 2 years until we found the right deal on one. We know 2 other couples that have this camper and we had checked both of their campers over and liked what we saw. Just curious as to feedback from others on this 5th wheel. Be safe, Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Linda and Howard Payne have one. They are the owners of RV-Dreams blog and forum. You might be able to catch them here http://www.rv-dreams.com/ or here http://rv-dreams.activeboard.com/. Currently, they are hosting a rally in Michigan.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Hey Jim, Howard and Linda comprise one of the 2 couples we know that have them. We were at a boondocking rally with them 2 years ago and seeing their Cambridge along with another one that a friend had sort of sealed the deal as to what we wanted. Thanks for getting back to us, though. I hope you, Alie and the critters are all doing well and will be able to get back to Crossville for the ECR. Be safe. Charlie PS- Where are you guys ??

Hi Charlie, We are stuck in eastern NC for another 3-4 weeks. Between work (that bad 4 letter word) and family commitments (not self made) we will miss Hutch, but hope to get back to Tennessee this coming spring. I'll keep my eyes out for another Cambridge. They seem to be rare.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

While spending some time in the El Paso, TX area in 2005 we looked at the new models just on the market. They were nicely appointed and seemed to be better built than our Keystone Everest. I do remember that they are heavy - 18,000# GVWR or higher - which was too heavy for our dually (2004). However the newer duallys may handle their pin weight.

We are super procrastinators, we still have our 2003 Everest.

38' fiver - Dodge Dually

AKA: FastEagle

USN Retired - DOD Retired - SSA Retired

TireHobby, thanks for the feedback. I need to weigh the rig, but you are right about them being heavy. My tow vehicle is a Volvo class 8 tractor, so the weight is of little consequence for it but I would not want to tow it with a pickup. I use my Dodge 2500 to put the Cambridge into and out of the carport it lives in and the Dodge does groan a bit when the pin weight is on it. The Cambridge has capacity for 100 gallons of fresh water and that really adds to the pin weight if it is full. We are enjoying our new-to-us camper, though. Be safe, Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Congratulation on the trailer. Can't wait to see it. I hope you are planning on going to the 2016 ECR.

Talk to you later,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

You may want to check on the Montana Owners Club forum. They deal mostly with Montanas but also include Everest and Cambridge. Good luck. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Archived