Verizon charges for unlimited

JRP

Overall, we think this is actually GREAT news (a lot better than seeing Verizon make plays to end the unlimited plans all together). And it's still a bargain!

Here's our article on this, and the details as we know them:

Verizon to Raise Price of Grandfathered Unlimited Plans by $20/month

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

duplicate post (please remove?)

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

I saw that on another website today, but even at $20.00 more per month, I am still getting a bargain.

That's how I feel. We're not even at the midpoint of our monthly billing cycle and have used nearly 40GB. We just started watching British mysteries on Acorn TV and our streaming time keep increasing. Eventually we'll probably get to the point where our unlimited plan usage and cost breaks even with a more conventional plan, but we're not there yet.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Speaking of Verizon, something I've been wondering about is my phone will show 4 bars, while when I log onto Verizon for my internet on my laptop, I'll have 1 bar. What's the deal with that?

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

Howdy!

We have a old data only unlimited (no phone) account with Verizon that cost $59.99 a month. Problem is it is only 3g and Verizon will not let us up grade it like others with unlimited data and phone service. If we want to upgrade to 4g we lose our unlimited. We still use a great deal of data on on our 3g MiFi 110 GB last month. So paying a little extra to be able to upgrade to 4g I think would be worth it for us. The question will be if our data only service falls under this new Verizon unlimited plan?

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Howdy!

We have a old data only unlimited (no phone) account with Verizon that cost $59.99 a month. Problem is it is only 3g and Verizon will not let us up grade it like others with unlimited data and phone service. If we want to upgrade to 4g we lose our unlimited. We still use a great deal of data on on our 3g MiFi 110 GB last month. So paying a little extra to be able to upgrade to 4g I think would be worth it for us. The question will be if our data only service falls under this new Verizon unlimited plan?

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Why dont you buy a 4G air card, not from Verizon, but from ebay or other third party source, and just change devices? That is what we did a few years ago, and Verizon had no problem with that.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

Howdy!

Paul, I have spoke with Verizon on a number of occasions regarding purchasing my own equipment from them or a second party. Every time they state regardless if I move to 4g we lose our unlimited service and have to choose a new data plan.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Howdy!

Paul, I have spoke with Verizon on a number of occasions regarding purchasing my own equipment from them or a second party. Every time they state regardless if I move to 4g we lose our unlimited service and have to choose a new data plan.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Looks like I was lucky to do it when I did. They have no doubt changed their rules since we switched.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

• 4 weeks later...

Not looking forward to my next Verizon bill, but did check out my latest use over the summer in Iowa. 33gb one month and 35 for another. Guess I was getting my monies worth before the $20 raise. Won't be using the WIFI at the park any more .

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived