cancel contract with DISH or DIrect TV

They will replace geo syncronous satellites which cost many many times as much and because they are low orbit they will be useful for internet and probably not for tv directly. Also by drones.

I'm still waiting for the monorails.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

If the time comes that there is no more satellite TV, we will stop RVing! It's the only way we can get television while we're traveling since we are often boondocking in areas where there is no OTA signal (plus, OTA would not include channels such as ESPN, TNT, Discovery, etc.). Since we use Verizon as a means to access the Internet, we do not have enough data to stream TV shows/movies/videos. Of course, given DH's age, we might only have 5-10 years left of RVing, but still...........

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

With about 34 million satellite TV subscribers in the US, making DTV and Dish second and third only to Comcast, I don't think the services will go away any time in the near future. There will be technology changes of course, but my best guess is that the underlying demand will continue to support a profitable, albeit likely downsized, market for the providers.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived