MaxBrake Controller Power

Radar274

Radar- A key on hot works best.

Roger- Since the Maxbrake works on the same principle as the Hayes. As log as the transducer is in an airline that reads the applied pressure from either the actual pedal or Johnson bar (trailer hand brake lever) it should work.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

If you installed your MaxBrake using the Stop Light air line, then the MaxBrake will react to either the Foot Brake or the Trailer lever.

If you installed it differently, who knows.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Volvo 2012 730 Maxbrake Installation:

This has been a learning process to say the least! Started by using Add on fuse in the Volvo fuse panel #F45 for auxiliary switch 2&3. Then decide that the wires feeding F45 were not large enough to handle a 30amp fuse that was specked in the Resource Glide. So ran inline fused power from Battery Lugs on the fire wall next to the Steering wheel position pedal. Next Tapped the gray 3/8 airline which goes to the Hand Brake handle for the transducer as Bill B recommended. The MaxBrake worked with the Hand Brake but not with the foot pedal. So tapped the 1/4" Black Stop lite air line in the engine compartment. Put a T in the line and ran 1/4 inch line thru the firewall to keep the transducer in the cab area out of the weather. Calibrated the MaxBrake and then checked the wiring to the Jackalopee. The LED that is labeled Brake level is on and registers 1.5Volts without the brake being applied ( the trailer is not hookup). If you press on the brake or slide the brake lever the Voltage increases as it should up to 12Volts.

Is this Normal? Should I Ground the Jackalopee?

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

I have a Maxbrake on a '95 WHite/Volvo and I put a metal T right under the Pressure transducer (sensor) for the brake pressure gauge. Works great with either pedal or Trailer lever. I would have to check to see whether it has any output when not "ON", as that may just be the way it "verifies" that the connection is still there. 1.5V is not enough to engage the brake coils on the trailer.

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

Thanks Jeff

I Hope the 1.5 volts is to verify the connection to the RV Plug and not something wrong with the MaxBrake. The bed is coming and the lights are temporarily wired for the Madden Trip this week and next.

Bob&Kay

Hooked up and went for a 40 mile test ride. The Brake level light goes out as soon as the Rv Is plugged in. Must be part of the MaxBrake Intel to prove RV Connection has been made. It drove like a dream didn't even know the 40' trailer was back there, sure beats the F350 white knuckle machine . Still have some work to do on the deck. Thanks' for all the support.

Bob&Kay

Archived