MaxBrake Controller Power

Radar274

Volvo 2012 730 Maxbrake Installation:

This has been a learning process to say the least! Started by using Add on fuse in the Volvo fuse panel #F45 for auxiliary switch 2&3. Then decide that the wires feeding F45 were not large enough to handle a 30amp fuse that was specked in the Resource Glide. So ran inline fused power from Battery Lugs on the fire wall next to the Steering wheel position pedal. Next Tapped the gray 3/8 airline which goes to the Hand Brake handle for the transducer as Bill B recommended. The MaxBrake worked with the Hand Brake but not with the foot pedal. So tapped the 1/4" Black Stop lite air line in the engine compartment. Put a T in the line and ran 1/4 inch line thru the firewall to keep the transducer in the cab area out of the weather. Calibrated the MaxBrake and then checked the wiring to the Jackalopee. The LED that is labeled Brake level is on and registers 1.5Volts without the brake being applied ( the trailer is not hookup). If you press on the brake or slide the brake lever the Voltage increases as it should up to 12Volts.

Is this Normal? Should I Ground the Jackalopee?

I have a Maxbrake on a '95 WHite/Volvo and I put a metal T right under the Pressure transducer (sensor) for the brake pressure gauge. Works great with either pedal or Trailer lever. I would have to check to see whether it has any output when not "ON", as that may just be the way it "verifies" that the connection is still there. 1.5V is not enough to engage the brake coils on the trailer.

Hooked up and went for a 40 mile test ride. The Brake level light goes out as soon as the Rv Is plugged in. Must be part of the MaxBrake Intel to prove RV Connection has been made. It drove like a dream didn't even know the 40' trailer was back there, sure beats the F350 white knuckle machine . Still have some work to do on the deck. Thanks' for all the support.

Archived