Tire Traker...battery life or some other problem?

Repkad

We just got back from our Teton rally where we bought a complete set of 12 replacement batteries from a TT dealer who claimed they were fresh. Well, they all worked the first day. On the second day, all but two were dead. Today, our controller says the last two bit the dust. Now I'm wondering if I got a load of bad batteries or if something is wrong with the sensors that creates a condition where they suck the life out of the batteries. Comments?

Dottie & Bob Repka

SKP #90581

Lifetime Members

2007 Teton Reliance XT-4

2006 Volvo 780, Ultrashift

2014 Smart Car on deck

I have not been pleased with the battery life of my Tire Tracker. As soon as I can, I am ditching mine and getting a different brand.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

They are available from TireTraker for about $2 each. Slightly less from Amazon Prime. I change mine out every two years whether they need it or not. Thats about 16,000 miles. I stick with Energizer or Panasonic and check dates whenever posible. Probably throw out more good ones than you have had gone bad. Never a problem getting a signal down the road.....

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=CR1632+Lithium+Battery

Jan and Rocky Larson, Volunteers, USFWS , 9,300 hours each. 29 refuges since 2006. 2 new each year.
2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox Aladdin, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000w PSW inverter

Philippians 4:11-13 KJV

Has the person who sold the batteries been contacted to give them a chance to help resolve the situation?

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Please contact us here at TireTraker, 866-200-9773 Ext #3, or by email at info@tiretraker.com. We pride ourselves on our customer service and want our customers to contact us so we can your problem for you. It is possible that you did get a bad batch of batteries. However, sometimes after changing the batteries when they have been discharged to a very low level, it is necessary to do a Sensor delete & reset. Instructions are in your manual or if you wish to contact us, we can walk you through it in just a few minutes. It may not be a battery problem, but if it is, we will certainly replace those for you.

Thank you,

The TireTraker™ Team

Archived