National Interstate Insurance

dsimpson

We've had Nat Int for over 10 years. Easy contact, talk to a person that speaks English. Very helpful when answering questions. We have an older MH so the coverage is ACV. Very helpful in deciding a value. Also discussed additions and upgrades. Had two claims. One was coverage of a mechanical issue, blew an air dryer. They covered the expense of getting it repaired, covered everything but parts. Also had both windshields replaced, no cost, 5 year diminishing deductable. Checked with other companies over the years but the costs were close enough that through loyalty, we won't change.

Did your rates increase because of all of the claims? We will have had 2 claims in one year and I'm quite nervous.

No. No increase I could relate to claims. Just typical small increase from one year to the next, and that doesn't happen every year.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Very good information. Thanks so much for sharing.

Safe Travels!

Perhaps the insurance company would make an Excellent presentation at our boot camp or meeting!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Did your rates increase because of all of the claims? We will have had 2 claims in one year and I'm quite nervous.

They went up slightly, but not drastically. Sorry, I don't remember the percentage or amount. Come to think of it, I don't believe the increases were related to claims, just normal annual increases.

• 2 weeks later...

In another post,

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=119990

I talked about my insurance premium increase and asked for recommendations for another insurance company. I called Explorer RV and got some competitive quotes for coverage by National Interstate Insurance. I have never heard of this company but the agent said they have many Escapees customers. Anyone covered by National Interstate? If so, what can you tell me about their response to claims? I don't want to switch to another company just because premiums are lower.

I asked the agency about Foremost because I have heard many good things about their claims coverage but Foremost premiums are much higher and they don't cover tow vehicles in Texas. At least, that is what the agent told me. I would have to go with another company to get coverage for my Dodge Ram.

I'm sure you have your answer by now but I haven't been up to posting for quite awhile.

We've had National Interstate for over 10 years. They were always courteous and handled things quickly and to our satisfaction. I feel in one instance, they went above and beyond to help us and that is rare today. Their rate increases were reasonable when the did go up. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

Archived