Airline Connector on Firewall

SuiteSuccess

In the picture is a connector that has a gray 1/4" line coming out the end and a black 1/4" line at a 90* angle. Both lines are push in connections. It is right and below the pass through manifold and seems to twist easily. Can anyone tell me what these lines supply and if it is easily replaceable? Mine seems to have a hex connection to the firewall and might just unscrew but don't want to put a wrench to it if I shouldn't. I have a leak there I can't seem to control by reseating the black line and finding 1/4' collets and o-rings for repair is becoming next to impossible. Scott (Mr. Seas) is agreeing to send me some but might just replace the whole fitting if I knew what part to ask for.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Jim,

Was gonna trace them but has been raining all day and couldn't get under truck. They are not my brake controller and the lines head to the front of the truck. Will try again tomorrow.

Scott,

Can't thank you enough. You have been a big help.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

The horn and fan clutch are driven off the solenoid pack under the cab on the crossmember not directly from in the cab.

If they are an led down in the lower part of the aluminum pass thru, then they will just "unscrew". If you pull the kick panel to the left of the steer column you'll see the other side of them captive in the pass thru. By captive I mean the hex is between two webs so no wrench needed on that side.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

Thanks Ray. Heading over to truck now so will see what I can trace and find. Rainy, cool, and foggy this morning so a good day to tear into something :).

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Ok pulled kick panel and traced lines as best I could. Ray, you were exactly right the hex is captured on the cab side of the pass thru. Turns out the gray line on the end on the engine side is the supply line. The black line coming off at 90* goes to a valve/solenoid? on the frame ahead of the front suspension. Hard to trace the output line from there but appears that it might be to the fan clutch. The connection passes thru into the cab and then continues as the air supply to the seats. In the pic you can see the black line looping over the Orange 3/8" and heading down. Now to try and describe this connection to my Volvo parts dept before I drive 30 miles to see if they stock it.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Ray,

You wouldn't happen to know what the size of the hex is would you or a parts schematic? My parts dealer isn't quite understanding the description. I assume it's a screw in vs. a screw on connection. I'm leaving for Hutch in three days and I hate to take it apart and screw something up before leaving since the leak isn't all that bad. I'm thinking this may be the connection I need.

http://brassfittings.midamericafittings.com/item/-in-tube-fittings-d-0-t-push-in-air-brake-fittings/swivel-male-run-tee/dq71s-44

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Ray,

You wouldn't happen to know what the size of the hex is would you or a parts schematic? My parts dealer isn't quite understanding the description. I assume it's a screw in vs. a screw on connection. I'm leaving for Hutch in three days and I hate to take it apart and screw something up before leaving since the leak isn't all that bad. I'm thinking this may be the connection I need.

http://brassfittings.midamericafittings.com/item/-in-tube-fittings-d-0-t-push-in-air-brake-fittings/swivel-male-run-tee/dq71s-44

z

No I sure don't. I started researching these for replacements but got side tracked by a more pressing problem awhile ago. I THINK they are two parts, male & female and metric. Never found them in any catalog so probably Volvo specific. Up to my he all sin other stuff. Please post if you find them.

I'd be suprised if that line as the fan clutch. The fan clutch comes from the solenoid pack under the cab. Seems like I have the same setup. Try to check it tomorrow.

Ray,

Is a Volvo specific part and again you were right- comes in two parts both the in cab and engine compartment parts. Part number 8079457. Saw the parts schematic and the 90* black line does supply the fan clutch solenoid. Mine is just located on the frame to the front of the engine. Thanks for the help. BTW price only $21 so not bad.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

That's one funky fitting Suite! Had me stumped too. I'm interested to see if they use straight threads or pipe threads on the nut (truck interior) end. Could you post a pic of it when you get it?

Have it at the truck. Will get a pic and post it.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Scrap,

Here's the pics.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

There must be some cross pollination between the engineers at Volvo and John Deere.

A lot of times, I find a Deere part that you can only buy as an assembly. But it's made up of common pieces. Once had a an electric screw actuator that Deere said was a $850 "non serviceable" item. Lucky for me, I had a rain day to take it apart and fix it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Gotta wonder why they had to use that funky fitting just to tee off a line. Maybe an engineers brother in law works at a fitting company ????? Charlie

Charlie,

As I mentioned above the "T" end was the supply with the first takeoff supplying fan clutch solenoid. Pass thru was seat air supply. Gonna be the devil to get a wrench on it though to replace. That's why I'm waiting til Hutch. Always some friends with "unique" tools.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Ray,

Is a Volvo specific part and again you were right- comes in two parts both the in cab and engine compartment parts. Part number 8079457. Saw the parts schematic and the 90* black line does supply the fan clutch solenoid. Mine is just located on the frame to the front of the engine. Thanks for the help. BTW price only $21 so not bad.

Your right about the fan solenoid. Early '05 a different "solenoid manifold" was used and the fan solenoid removed from it to the location you found. Learned something today.

Charlie,

As I mentioned above the "T" end was the supply with the first takeoff supplying fan clutch solenoid. Pass thru was seat air supply. Gonna be the devil to get a wrench on it though to replace. That's why I'm waiting til Hutch. Always some friends with "unique" tools.

What size of crowfoot do you to remove the fitting? Will make sure I bring one with me.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Georgia,

Thank you. It is 18mm. Volvo part you know so metric.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived