Crazy idea: metal roof, wood siding on trailer...

GuyGene

Well boys, I been thinking (watch out!). My 1998 25' Aerolite is great, but I wonder if any of y'all have ever heard of anyone framing about a 3/12 pitch roof putting metal on it, then installing new double planed windows, then lap siding. I don't think it'd add too much weight.

I got this idea from all these Tiny Houses you see built on trailer frames. I love the way those things look! And, they're insulated really well. Just wondering...

That old man, he don't think like no old man.

"I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major

"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."

Yeah, I've thought of that Kirk. Don't know if I'll try it, but I love that Mini House wood look. To me, RVs are like compound bows. Ugly.

That old man, he don't think like no old man.

"I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major

"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."

Wood siding is heavy. Have you ever watched the Tiny House shows on TV?

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Speaking of the tiny houses....my wife watches that show . I just dont get it. They build them to be mobile and spend upwards of 50 grand on them and end up with less space than an RV that they could buy for 1/2 of that. Like I said....I don't get it.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Speaking of the tiny houses....my wife watches that show . I just dont get it. They build them to be mobile and spend upwards of 50 grand on them and end up with less space than an RV that they could buy for 1/2 of that. Like I said....I don't get it.

Me neither ... Maybe it's an "I gotta be me" thing ???

Goes around , comes around .

Archived