Another HughesNet Mobile Ka-Band Sat Internet Service

Zulu

First I've heard of this. I had Hughes Net going back to day one (under different names over the years) and though that when they went to spot beams it became impossible to even think about doing temporary setups while out RVing.

Now that I've sold the house and am out full timing I'd love to have portable satellite Internet again.

So what has changed to make this possible?

This is definitely the newer, faster, more data Ka-band systems and it is just starting to happen. Our dealership and my installer certification just became active on Friday, so we plan to start training the first customer later next week. I will work on some documentation in the meantime.

I found a manager within Hughes who is interested in the mobile market ... it is not officially sanctioned by Hughes, so the usual "keep it under the radar" approach will be used. But it clearly is step in the right direction.

We're figuring out things as we go ... we got our dealer system online yesterday!

and, yes, Stan, those rallys were a lot of fun! :-)

Archived