Livingston RV friendly 5th wheel inspection?

I'm sure this has been discussed before but all I can find are threads about the new law and setting up a TX domicile. What inspection station in or around Livingston is big 5th wheel friendly (knowledgeable personnel, parking, etc.)? We will be passing through the area and will need to get inspected.

Thanks

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

The biggest problem is going to be easy access and room to get in and out...Bounds Chevrolet on the loop might be the easiest in that regard. There used to be one out Hwy. 146 about three miles before you get to the Escappees location but I'm not sure if it is still open. Not much help but I don't think there are many choices!

Good day, Scott.

We had our fiver inspection accomplished last month at:

Soda Auto Repair

6709 U.S. Hwy 190E

Livingston, TX 77351

Easy in, but you will be required to back onto the property next door in order to exit.

Knowledgeable and quick. Cost: $7.50

Regards,

Michael

2007 Volvo VNL 670

2007 NuWa HitchHiker Champagne

Any truck stop that performs state inspections will do your trailer. It then goes on the state database so when you renew your registration, they will see it was inspected and issue your plate sticker. There is no "inspection sticker" on the trailer any more.

2008 Ford F350 PowerStroke DRW
2006 Raptor 3813
2007 Harley Davidson ElectraGlide Classic

2010 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra Classic
Street/Strip Harley Sportster Racebike
SFC (ret) US Army

Second on Soda....very easy and quick.... took all of 20 minutes. We will be using them again in January when we stop back in Livingston to re-register our vehicles.

http://ramblingrvrat.blogspot.com/?m=1

GOD Bless America!

GOD Bless Texas!

GOD Bless All of our Troops!

"CHARACTER is doing the right thing when no one is looking"

'09 International Durastar 4400 LP Customized by 2L Custom Trucks

'20 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4, '10 H-D FLHRC Road King Classic, '09 Honda Rebel AmeriDeck M/C Loader in Truck Garage, Polaris RZR 570 EPS 10 - 320W Solar Panels, 4- Simpliphi 3.8 kWh 151A Lithium batteries, Victron Multiplus 3000W inverters, Victron 250/70 Charge Controllers, Progressive hardwired 50 AMP EMS, Class of 2012!

1221594356_ProfilePic.jpg.9b4d57a43f182efadbcaf4db7556bb2e.jpg

Kind of related - in looking for a spot that does inspections and also has easy access I use Google Maps street view. You can see the business right from the road as you would when arriving. Makes it easy to plan.

I use the same approach when working on a route - if I'm unsure I do the street view through that section.

• 1 month later...

I arrived back in Texas today and, since it was still early in the afternoon, I decided to find a place in Jasper and get the inspection done before heading out to the campground. I drove past 3 or 4 places because I didn't think I could get in and out. Passed a couple of other "maybe" spots and then saw that the Chevy dealer had lots of room in front of their service department. I turned around and went back, went inside, and after waiting for the guy to get off the phone, finally asked if I could get an inspection on my 5th wheel.

"Sure, just pull it into the bay."

"I don't think I can get into a bay with that," I said, pointing out to the camper.

"We can't inspect it if you can't get into a bay."

"Why, all you need to do is check the lights and stuff like that."

Shrug.

"I drove all over town looking for a place I could get in and out of and yours is the only one I found."

Shrug.

"Can you recommend a place I can get into?"

"Yeah, there a place down the street a couple of lights. He doesn't even have a bay."

Sure enough, I drove down there, an old service station now wrecker service. I edged onto their parking lot and they happily did the inspection in about 15 minutes.

So...what's the deal with the Chevy dealership? Is their inspection guy so fragile that he can't step outside on a beautiful day?

So...what's the deal with the Chevy dealership? Is their inspection guy so fragile that he can't step outside on a beautiful day?

Perhaps when they got their inspection license, the designated area was confined to a specific part of the property. There may be a good reason why a company would not want their entire property attached to the license. I'm just supposing here.

Maybe the employee felt like your $7 inspection didn't warrant him losing his job to violating company policy.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Perhaps when they got their inspection license, the designated area was confined to a specific part of the property. There may be a good reason why a company would not want their entire property attached to the license. I'm just supposing here.

Maybe the employee felt like your $7 inspection didn't warrant him losing his job to violating company policy.

The license to inspect is given to the owner of the entire business. You can't license a specific stall. Now, if emissions were to be tested, then the vehicle would have to be where that could be tested.

Or maybe a $7 dollar inspection was to much trouble and not worth the effort. The boss was probably gone to the deer lease!! LOL!!

Howdy!

When I had my MDT inspected a couple of weeks ago in Livingston I went to Cool Shades Window Tinting on Church street. While there another person pulled up with a 5er and parked on the side street. They inspected his 5er no problem.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Or maybe a $7 dollar inspection was to much trouble and not worth the effort. The boss was probably gone to the deer lease!! LOL!!

Now that's a possibility!

I'm guessing this new setup means inspection stations that have never seen a towable are having to change how they do business.

Archived