Valley of Fire State Park and Hwy 168..169..167...166

Vladimir

We made it to Alamo, Nevada.

I hate driving through Las Vegas. So we are thinking about staying in Valley of Fire State Park. We are 50 feet long and I don't want to unhook.

Then I was thinking about sneaking past last Vegas on Highways 168...169....167....and 166. That would get us to Kingman and off to Congress.

Thoughts??? Thanks in advance.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

From Valley of Fire, take NV-169 south all the way to NV-166. Make a left-hand turn and follow NV-166 to US-93. Turn left and follow US-93 to Kingman. You'll have to travel east on I-40 for a bit before you can get back on US-93 again heading toward Congress.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

From Valley of Fire, take NV-169 south all the way to NV-166. Make a left-hand turn and follow NV-166 to US-93. Turn left and follow US-93 to Kingman. You'll have to travel east on I-40 for a bit before you can get back on US-93 again heading toward Congress.

We did the route today. It was a great drive. We did have to pay $10 to enter Valley of Fire State Park, but you can avoid that by going through Overton.

Speed limit on Lake Mead NRA roads was 50 MPH. Lots of pull outs and places to stop. No traffic.

We came out at Hoover Dam.

IF you don't like driving in traffic through Las Vegas this is a great by-pass if your headed to eastern Arizona.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

I find Las Vegas very easy to drive through for what its worth. We have stayed in those long sites in Valley of Fire as you can see in my Avatar but they fill up fast on weekends.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived