I customize and restore cars, so why not? 1975 Dodge Titan

DaMechanic

I'm at work right now,so I don't have exact specs, but there's a considerable size difference in those panels and the ones I have. Those are about 1/3 the area of mine. Mine supply almost 19 amps a panel at 43 volts I think? I bought them at a special deal fr my local co-op. They had to buy 11 more than they needed to get a considerable discount. Of course they are a 3by8 panel too. Not normally available to the general public. I have to wait until I get home for more precise information.

• 8 months later...

Hello everybody. It has been forever since I posted, because we lost our house due to an explosion from a gas leak. I still have the rolling dumpster, and am starting on it again. It isn't in any better shape after sitting as long as it has either. I have had to basically start over, and I am still replacing tools and supplies I lost in the house. Nobody was home fortunately when it happened. I am going to take more pictures when I go go the storage unit later, possibly tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I found it a good project. Why not? I know some people who also resell cars. It is really a very profitable, but challenging business. You will never know how successful it will be until you try it yourself. For example, my husband dreams about Dodge Charger 1967. Honestly, I don't think that we can afford it someday, but we'll see. Once I ordered him for his birthday a customized bobblehead from https://www.mbobble.com/custom-couples-bobbleheads-dolls/. I asked the master to make it in the car dodge charger as a symbol of the realization of the dream. I think I made the first step to help him in his goal. LOL

Edited by MaxiMarry

Good project. 

- large tanks protected from freezing. 100+ gals of fresh water.

- accurate non gimmicky tank guages. I have SeeLevel now made by an industrial guage mfg.

- a cooking exhaust fan vent you can open either from the ground (without Tinkerbell wings) or from inside the rv.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Just now, Kirk W said:

I doubt that he is still reading this, but one never knows for sure.  ☺️

🤣🤣

No one ever accused me of being over observant Kirk 🤣.

I don't know if it would be possible without the thread descending into...

But...

Escapees is a respected RV organization. What if manufacturers could come to this forum  and look at a thread where we could post "what would be nice to have" and "what were they thinking" and my such and such has a whatchamacallit that works 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect that at least some manufacturers read general RV forums. I know that many follow their own brand-specific ones.

We have to remember that what I think would be an improvement you might think is a disaster. When one gets to the point of ordering a custom or semi-custom RV it is a different story. When a company is manufacturing for the masses they have to build what will sell.

I was about to add some comments to the OP and then noticed the date. One thing that we really appreciate on our 1993 Foretravel is the side-opening tambour doors on the overhead cabinets. The roll takes up a bit of space, but all of the doors are made to move to the rear of the coach to open and to the front to close. In case of a panic stop the doors want to close. I haven't seen those on other coaches, and even Foretravel quit using them in the late 90's. Guess they were just too expensive to make.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS