A thought for those who are starting fulltimers and others, of course.

bilmorvn

With climate change being what it is, I am sure that many of you have experienced "Record Setting Days" in your travels. I wish that we had logged every one we have experienced. With today's computers and smartphones, it would be an easy task and something to reflect upon every now and then.

Bill, Mo Rex & Princess

Fulltiming since 8/1993

06 Duramax 08 Cardinal 35

SKP 27411

I think he means have you been in a location that experienced a record high or low temperature, heaviest rainfall for a day/season, record wind speed, etc. while traveling. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Speaking of weather changes, there is a free app in the Apple store called STORM. This app streaming sattilite views of storms in any area you choose to look at. There are several Storm apps. the one I'm referring to has lightening bolts on the app.

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

We have experienced many of these record breaking weather changes in the last 16 years of full timing. Although I have not kept a separate list of such events, I do have my daily journal that I can refer to. (Might be fun to re-create such a list one day.)

One fond memory that sticks out in my mind is while volunteering at Big Bend National Park in January 2007, we had a record breaking "coldest in 20 years" according to the locals with snow and ice. Road closures throughout the park (as well as parts of I-10). Many of the Ranger's children had never seen snow . . . . lots of little snowmen popped up all around. Was nice to see all the excitement, but not so much fun for us trying to "break out" of the motorhome with a solid sheet of ice on one side and the door frozen shut. So much for going south for the winter! :)

John & Marsha Coates

2013 Itasca Suncruiser

2010 Jeep Rubicon

I always get a chuckle whenever I read of a record high, or low that's being attributed to climate change. Especially when the old record was set in say 1898. Where were all the climate change guru's then?

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

No one record setting day can be attributed to climate change. Its the overall trend that illustrates the effect. You'd have to have your head pretty deep in the sand not to notice the trends.

Exactly... The same trends that have been occurring and reoccurring for millions of years. Have we all forgotten the Miocene epoch when palm trees and alligators were the norm in England? :D

Climate History

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I hear alot about Climate change. I can say that the winters aren't as hard as when I was a child. I remember the snow being over my head and now nearly 70 years later the snow I can't remember the snow getting to my waist.

The magnetic North Pole keeps shifting but what is being done?

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I must be missing something in the whole argument...

I distinctly remember my teachers going on about nuclear winter and how we'd all freeze after a war with the Soviets. So if we warm up a few degrees why not pick some spot well away from anywhere and pop a few clean nukes, just enough to drop the world temp back a couple degrees and get on with life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I would suggest that maybe a lot of people should look into taking some basic science course refreshers because it is obvious a lot of people missed out on basic physical and earth sciences some where along the line.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I always get a chuckle whenever I read of a record high, or low that's being attributed to climate change. Especially when the old record was set in say 1898. Where were all the climate change guru's then?

Denial . . . and I'm not talking about a river in Egypt.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

bilmorvn, on 02 Oct 2015 - 3:53 PM, said:

At least Greg knew what I meant. Discussions here take off in all directions like a tablespoon of water on a red hot frying pan. I always smile!

Especially if you intentionally touch on a "hot button" topic.

With climate change being what it is, I am sure that many of you have experienced "Record Setting Days" in your travels.

At least Greg knew what I meant. Discussions here take off in all directions like a tablespoon of water on a red hot frying pan. I always smile!

Greg, you get the prize! This was a contest and your prize is .................................... ? :huh:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived