Best Place to Winter? (Warm & Near Water Desired)

vtfreespirit

Where are your favorite places & RV Parks to spend the winter?

I'm looking to find a place to spend the winter months - at least Oct through January. Ideally the location would be warm during the day, 60+ degrees as my rig is only 3 seasons and near the ocean or a lake...and love it to be moderately priced and rent by the month.

I'm currently in Oregon so the California coast seems ideal though I'm having a hard time finding a RV park...but I'm open to anywhere...

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Carleen

We have spent the last five winters on the Texas Gulf Coast and love the area. We are in Port Aransas but there are a lot of RV parks in the Rockport/Fulton area and a few slightly inland in the Corpus Christi area. Further south is the Rio Grande area and South Padre Island with RV parks. Best wishes, Jay

Sort of what you might be looking for. Check out Santee Lakes in the eastern suburbs of San Diego. Park like, quiet, peaceful. And highly rated.

I did a quick check of available for Oct. thru Feb. and they still had sites open. Oct., Nov. Only a couple. Reserve quickly if interested.

Never RVed in that area, but backpacked through there several times. I have spent 8 winters in Mexico so far, and I love it. People from the east headed to the Yucatan should, however, avoid Tamaulipus state right now and cross at Laredo or Eagle pass. Not a big problem, but prudent. The other spot to avoid is Hwy 200 on the Pacific coast from Manzanillo to Ziahuantenejo.

Where are your favorite places & RV Parks to spend the winter?

I'm looking to find a place to spend the winter months - at least Oct through January. Ideally the location would be warm during the day, 60+ degrees as my rig is only 3 seasons and near the ocean or a lake...and love it to be moderately priced and rent by the month.

I'm currently in Oregon so the California coast seems ideal though I'm having a hard time finding a RV park...but I'm open to anywhere...

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Carleen

How about along the Colorado River CA/AZ take your pic

On edit : A huge welcome to Escappees Carleen

If it is warm water that you are looking for, in winter, the only place in the US to find that is

south Florida, below Palm Beach. While southern CA may have the best overall weather

in the US, the beach water is never warm, not even is the summer. I love southern CA but

I will spend my winters in southern Florida.

Thank you so much everyone for this every helpful list of places to stay! I will begin researching them asap.

And yes - I just love being near the water - Oceans, Lakes or Rivers. I just find it very relaxing. And it doesn't really matter whether the water is cold or warm. As long as its not snowing, I'm good. :o)

Thank you so much!

Carleen the newbie RV'er

Archived