Cummins Boost Sensor

Ronbo

After reading the thread bout Volvo boost sensors and watching the video that states that the cummins boost sensor has been upgraded multiple times, I decided to change mine out. I ordered it from N14parts.com. I should have checked Peterbuilt first. I had a hard time finding it. It is located on the rear of the intake manifold, drivers side. You can not see it and have to go by feel. Some of you will find this hard to believe but I did not have a socket to fit. I was able to get a cresent on and move it enough to break it loose. That was all I could do with the cresent. Then it was up to the channel locks. I had to remove the inner fender, relocate the air filter housing, remove a nut and bolt on wire looms. then I had to contort in ways that I never knew I could. Very difficult with a torn rotator cuff. Once the old was removed, I started the new by hand. I had an oil pressure sender socket fits perfectly. Once installed and everything buttoned up It was time for a test drive around the parking lot. Boost was indicated but did not climb as fast as before. I am leaving for Ohio on Monday. I will post the results of that leg of the journey.

I do not know the numbering so I made up my own to measure ohms.

Old New

1-2 3.379 m 2.189 k

1-3 4.6 m 54.15 k

2-3 4.5 m 48.97 k

The numbers on the old were drifting down the longer I held the probes on the pins.

Here is a link to pics of the sensors.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/psdf2rffus1zyf8/AACim7ZoDs2KtaRqDnSPatQea?dl=0

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

I didn't take picture of the location. On the celect plus in is on the intake manifold rear side. The pipe comes from the intercooler to the intake manifold on the drivers side. Run your hand along the top and down the back. You will feel it. You have to go by feel.

Ron C.

We have a M-11 Celect Plus ISM in the Volvo. It a 1998 610 that we bought last November. No idea when it was last changed, no idea when much of the maintenance works was last done. I'm slowly working my way thru the truck, repairing, replacing everything thing that should be done. The engine seems to have plenty of boost, no lack of it. Pulls good from 800rpm all the way to 2100. The catch is that while it is a 17 yr old truck, there is only 460k on it, we have put about 20k of those on it.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We have a M-11 Celect Plus ISM in the Volvo. It a 1998 610 that we bought last November. No idea when it was last changed, no idea when much of the maintenance works was last done. I'm slowly working my way thru the truck, repairing, replacing everything thing that should be done. The engine seems to have plenty of boost, no lack of it. Pulls good from 800rpm all the way to 2100. The catch is that while it is a 17 yr old truck, there is only 460k on it, we have put about 20k of those on it.

are you sure thats not 1.4Millon?

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Time for performance report. I noticed a very slight increase in fuel mileage but we were up and down across Pa and Oh all day. I expected a decrease. Power wise I first noticed more power in the lower gears. As I proceeded onto the highway and was able to reach good speeds I noticed I was able to accelerate up hills I would normally have a slight decrease on. A few times my speed actually crept higher than I like going up the hills. The boost gauge was a little slower to show boost and climbed slower but I think that is due to different parameters. Overall I am extremely satisfied. I hope to show a good increase in mileage by the time I get to Hutch

Ron C.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 250 mile move today. No crosswind but plenty of hills. I had a solid 1mpg increase in fuel mileage. I expect more on the flat but will have to wait until I get there.

Ron C.

Archived