BEWARE of dr. pepper, and those who drink it............

mr. cob

Howdy All,

Just ran across this article and felt that I should post it here as a public service to warn folks of this dangerous soft drink and how consuming it may endanger yourself or others. ;)

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/drivers-coughing-fit-send-rig-into-23-new-cars/

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I know Phil never drinks and drives!!!!

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

His story sounds like hogwash to me. He doesn't think to brake and pull off of the road? Going over a curb wasn't a heads up it might be a good idea to put on the brakes? Down an embankment... through a pole... 23 cars (which should have been plenty to slow his rig)... he had to have been riding the gas to make it nearly 2 football field lengths through multiple obstacles like that.

26 years ago when I still pulled double bottom dumps. I was sitting in a left turn lane the first vehicle in line. I luckily was empty and had my foot very lightly on the brake when BAM.

I guy in a small pickup swerved into my lane and ran into the rear of my trailer. You stinger on the trailer used for pushing us out if we got stuck went over his hood and into the windshield.

He hit the passenger side trailer duels so hard it tore the axle out of the trailer and pushed me 10 feet into the intersection.

After they cut him out of the truck they asked him what happened and he said he SNEEZEDcausing them to swerve into my lane.

Serves him right for drinking that vulture-vomit

Howdy SIBERNUT,

Well I didn't choke or cough but your comment made me laugh so hard theres spittle all over my computer screen, that said I agree completely with your appraisal of dr. pepper.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

With that much damage and no evidence of brake application you could apply a little investigative analysis to combine the drivers statement and offer that there is a high likelihood that the driver was dreaming of his favorite carbonated beverage, only to be awaken from horribly loud noises of a horrific crash. Shortly after arriving at the scene of the crash, the driver came to the realization that the misfortunate driver of the vehicle, was him . That brought severe coughing and other unpleasant and uncontrollabl body functions .

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

I know a guy that woke up with his car hanging part way off a bridge over a ship canal.

He only remembered he had been sucking on a cough drop.

He figures he choked on it.

They gave him a ticket.

Almost as dangerous as dr pepper.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Serves him right for drinking that vulture-vomit

oh, now them there's fighting words :ph34r:

Now I know how you got the second part of your name....anybody that don't like Dr. Pepper must be part nuts :)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

oh, now them there's fighting words :ph34r:

Now I know how you got the second part of your name....anybody that don't like Dr. Pepper must be part nuts :)

Howdy Phil,

I was wondering how long it would take to smoke you out on this topic, I am NOT part "nuts" but will plead guilty to being "semi- sane". :lol:

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I actually am at my sisters just near where this happened. Having seen the aftermath a few days later and knowing the area its more like he clipped the pole and tree before hitting the cars. Its all pretty close together. Now if his story is true I don't know. However as a nurse I can tell you that choking on liquid can be very traumatic when it happens and I once had a a sneezing incident and nearly lost control of my car. Just saying

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

On the sneezing note we had a driver at my old company that had a sneezing attack while driving with a set of doubles and was so bad the 2nd trailer started whipping and smacked a police car on the shoulder, guess it was so bad he never got over as he should have but that was the story he stuck with.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Archived