Is There a BEST TIME?

Dejae

Is there a best time of year to buy a motorhome and get the best deals? Or maybe I should say when is it a buyers market?

We are not looking for new.

I have read that the end of the year cause it is colder and people are not willing to travel around and look at RV's.

Then I read somewhere that Feb was best as that is when the NEW RV's come out. Ex 2017 will come out in Feb 2016

Is this so?

Blessed Travels,
Judi, John, Peanut and DeJae' (Our baby girl DeJae passed 7/21/2019)

All of the above may be true, but I think it largely depends on what part of the country you are in. Ie., if your purchase is near the mfg., transportation costs will be lower.. hence.. better pricing from the get-go. The cost of living is lower in middle America.. not many people are looking to purchase RV's mid winter in Michigan.. winter RV activity in AZ, TX, FL is high... all which would lend to better pricing. Get the idea?

So while the above may all be true, you have to find when is the best time of year for RV sales in 'your' particular region. The best advice? Get educated on the particular model you are interested in, shop around, and don't be afraid to travel a bit to make your purchase.

Someone looking at a Forest River product, in Indiana, right before winter sets in, at an RV show with new model roll-outs is probably going to walk away with a very sweet deal. ;)

Well we are NOT as I stated before, looking for new. We are looking for used but no more than 8-10 years old at the oldest.

We are in Nevada and there are really no RV shows that happen here except for local shows which really are individual dealership sales one at a time.

This statement from Yarome confused me

winter RV activity in AZ, TX, FL is high... all which would lend to better pricing. Get the idea?

Are you meaning more are for sale or more people are there to buy? If more are selling, it would really become a buyers market.

If you meant that more people were coming here to buy cause it is warmer here in winter...I guess that could be true but the sellers have to be here...which again to me would represent a buyers market.

I am not willing to go farther than Texas...for numerous reasons.

We only have our vehicle, no longer have our previous RV.

It is hard to travel in a car with 2 pups and go looking at RV's so I have to have my son keep them in his small one bedroom apt. They are not use to being alone as we don't leave them alone so he is willing to take some vacation days and hubby and I will have to travel as fast as we can when we see a unit or more available. Hopefully things will fall into place. We are not pressed for time but just wanted to know what would be considered by most the best time of year to possibly get the best buy we can.

Blessed Travels,
Judi, John, Peanut and DeJae' (Our baby girl DeJae passed 7/21/2019)

This statement from Yarome confused me

winter RV activity in AZ, TX, FL is high... all which would lend to better pricing. Get the idea?

Are you meaning more are for sale or more people are there to buy? If more are selling, it would really become a buyers market.

If you meant that more people were coming here to buy cause it is warmer here in winter...I guess that could be true but the sellers have to be here...which again to me would represent a buyers market.

Sorry about the confusion. I meant that there are a large number of RV'rs that tend to congregate and summer in those locations.. and subsequently.. a very large selection of folks with "for sale" signs in their windows, RV shows galore, and local dealers in the area that offer some fairly decent sales. I would certainly consider that a buyers market.

In Nevada it would seem like you folks would get a large number of RV's passing through. You might check with the local RV parks in your area to see if they keep a classified "board" in their offices that may not necessarily be advertised elsewhere. Just spit balling.

There may be seasonal periods with lower prices in geographic areas. I believe good deals can be found anytime and anyplace. My opinion is that getting the right RV is more critical than cost. You may have done this, but I suggest you narrow down your make, model and layout first. Then use Google and a craigslist search engine to alert you when what you are looking for comes on the market in your area. I was in AZ looking at an RV when the one we bought went online in GA. I called and the seller told me he had just posted his ad minutes before I called.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Is there a best time of year to buy a motorhome and get the best deals? Or maybe I should say when is it a buyers market?

We are not looking for new.

I have read that the end of the year cause it is colder and people are not willing to travel around and look at RV's.

Then I read somewhere that Feb was best as that is when the NEW RV's come out. Ex 2017 will come out in Feb 2016

Is this so?

As you are in NV - close to So.CA - I would check the Craigs List Ads for the So.CA areas - L.A., Orange County, Ventrura Co.

So. CA is a year round camping area, so folks buying/selling is also a year-round activity.

Also - one of the largest storage facilities in Orange County - Flying Bull RV Storage, at the former El Toro Marine Corps Base - is closing.

2500 RVs stored there - (LOTS, and LOTS of MHs) - all must be gone by Jan. 1, 2016.

Most of the other (much smaller) storage facilities in the area have been full for many months.

(and most likely full - before- the closing was announced)

Consequently, many owners may choose to part with their RVs - *if* they can find a buyer.

IMO - you might ask the office to post a "Wanted" flyer - describing what you are looking for.

They seem to be making every effort to assist the folks with RVs there - in any way they can.

(They do have a bulletin board in the office)

Might add, one (negative) way they are "assisting" is by increasing fees (dramatically) *every* month to "inspire" owners to get ......."moving".

Archived