Pressure Pro or TST

sdixon747

I have an eight year old Pressure Pro system with 14 sensors. The sensors are getting to the age that they will start to need to be replaced due to weak batteries. 14 new PP sensors will cost about $700. A new 14 sensor TST system is also $700. Anyone using the TST? How does it compare to Pressure Pro? Any problems? Other options I should consider?

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Go TST vote here Steve. Bought mine at the MATS show this year. Replaceable batteries.

Does take a little experimenting to get the alarm levels where it feels good, but no real problems here.

Just put on super-singles and really cut down on the number of sensors. :D

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

Hi Steve,

I have the TST 510 system. This is my first system so I can not compare between the two system. I bought my system from Dutch and Di. They are on the forum. Good people to deal with. They also had the best prices.

I hope this helps,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

TST here also. Only issue I've had is one sensor I cannot get to seal even after O-ring and valve stem change. Tire looses about 5 psi over a month. If you do go with TST get a repeater to mount in your trailer basement. The 507 will drop a sensor if too far removed from receiver like on rear trailer wheel. BTW TST customer service is best I've ever been involved with.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We choose to stay with PressurePro. We prefer the 34 LED Monitor which gives a ready display of truck, trailer and toad at all times.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Steve, I'd have to recommend the TST as well. I ran my PP since their beta testing and was reasonably happy with it. At MATS I put a TST with permanent batteries on my trailer. I like it a LOT better than the PP. Better display with a better user interface and most importantly, and ZERO dropouts.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I know nobody asked, but we're using a Doran system. I've had it for 5 years and so far no issues. I haven't needed a repeater.

http://www.doranmfg.com/tirepressuremonitorproducts.htm

I went with them because they're a local (to me) company, highly recommended by folks I trust.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I have and the TST 510 and like it.

Agree you will need the repeater and customer service is fantastic.

I had a couple repeaters go bad and they sent me out new ones right away knowing I was going on a trip. And had a problem with the monitor showing tires without sensors and they walked me through how to fix it.

Very easy to swap sensors over to boat trailer or monitor over to pick up truck.

I like very much that I can monitor tire pressure and temperature of each tire.

The sensors use CR 1632 batteries and I just bought five new ones for four dollars through Amazon

I will say I had two tires fail with no alarm but don't know why the tires failed to begin with.

Also if monitor is mounted on the windshield it's very hard to see the screen Evan if you block the light sensor to make the backlight stay on.

I do wish that I could monitor all tires at the same time on the same screen rather that it constantly rotating from Tire position to Tire position.

I've been running the TST 507 the past year or two and am quite happy with it. As mentioned.. the TST customer service folks are top notch. I misplaced an O ring the last battery change out and they sent me a half dozen overnight.. no questions asked.

Wow...I really feel alone here. I run a pressure pro, with an external antenna mounted on the back of my deck and don't have any issues. When I replaced my sensors they made me a "deal" on replacements. If it ever blows up, I may have to look at a TST.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

14 sensors on our PP system as well. Since we had only 10 on the first setup and added four more when we bought the Newmar they had staggered dates and I just replaced them as needed. I think they have all been replaced at this point. Also have a repeater on the back of the truck so no drop outs here either.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Steve, I know nothing about the distinction between the various TPMSs, but I do have some information on PP replacement price. Your estimate above shows replacement sensors at $50 per sensor. I spoke with a guy from PP last month and he told me that because we already own a PP System, we are part of the "PP family" and could get our replacement sensors for about $35 each. He handed me a brochure with a phone number, but I cannot currently locate it. I am guessing it is the same number found on their web page.
I have not called to verify this offer since our 5 yo sensors are still working. It could be worth a try!

~Susan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Steve, I know nothing about the distinction between the various TPMSs, but I do have some information on PP replacement price. Your estimate above shows replacement sensors at $50 per sensor. I spoke with a guy from PP last month and he told me that because we already own a PP System, we are part of the "PP family" and could get our replacement sensors for about $35 each. He handed me a brochure with a phone number, but I cannot currently locate it. I am guessing it is the same number found on their web page.

I have not called to verify this offer since our 5 yo sensors are still working. It could be worth a try!

~Susan

You send your old sensors in and they will replace them with new for the $35. Even if you didn't purchase the unit new.

I had nothing but trouble with my Pressure Pro, but I purchased it used. It's sitting in a drawer of the truck and all the sensors are probably dead by now. It was a lesson learned. I put a guage on my tires before each trip. Equalize them if needed and hit them with the infared temperature wand with every stop. If one is out of line in temperature I put the guage on. Will I miss a tire some time, maybe but I am currently running all over the road truck/trailer tires that I will never be able to WEAR out. They will age out and next year I will attempt to sell a couple to an over the road driver as well broken in new tires. There will be at least 3 more years before they hit the age number.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Steve I have a tire traker with 10 sensors and I replace the batteries about once a year. I also needed to booster and I put it in the front closet wired into the light. It has worked pretty well for 6 years.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

14 replace sensors are $39 each plus $8.50 shipping is $554.50 if you don't live in AZ.

About $150 less then you thought. :)

I replaced my 9 year 7 month old sensors last winter before my summer trip.

I got a TST repeater, the monitor and 8 sensors (permanent battery) at MATS for $290/cash, no tax. :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We have the TST as well. We do need to add the repeater though. The trailer tires never drop out, the rear truck tires never drop out, but the front truck tires do.

I made an inquiry to Diana at Plug It Right where we bought the system, she passed my e-mail to Mike at TST on a Saturday, and Mike calls me at 1pm Sunday to discuss my issue. What he suggested was that we get a repeater. Our from senders are actually inside the tire rim, flush to the outside of the bullet hole (Alcoa rims), this blocks the signal enough to cause intermittent drop outs. Mike explained that the signal was line-of-sight dependent. Plus the pure mass of the tire rim, truck frame and engine block are all blocking the signal. Great service in my opinion.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived