Time to renew Coachnet

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

Last year, in Kansas, I broke down at the end of the rally. Coachnet took very little time getting me a HD wrecker and towed me all the way from Hutch to Wichita with no issues.

It's the 2nd time I have dealt with them and I have no complaints

DSC_0128_zpshwqh5es6.jpg

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I had just renewed with Coach-net when the batteries on our truck died last month. Called Coach-net for a jump & made sure they knew we had a diesel rig. When the rep called back to confirm that someone was on the way, he commented (apparently from their notes) that we had one of the converted Semi's and he thought that was pretty cool. Took about an hour from the time I called. I was pretty happy with the service and no BS over "that's a commercial truck" or "we don't support Semi trucks".

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

I have Coachnet and have used them twice. I have had nothing but good experiences.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Stay away from AAA. While they do offer RV service, they only offer it in some zones. So if you have a breakdown in a zone that doesn't offer the service, you'll be stuck with finding help on your own, paying for it out of pocket, and then trying to seek reimbursement from AAA. Stick with CoachNet or Good Sam.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I've had good service with both Coachnet and Goood Sam. BUT, you have to be aware of the "fine print", because both have it and they may not do what you "think" they will. Coachnet would not tow me out of the mud in my BIL's drive because it was "not on a paved road". They also informed me that even if I was on a deeded dirt road they would not service me. You have to be ON pavement so the tow truck can be ON pavement. I know people that have gotten pulled out off pavement....but that is what the supervisor told ME.

on edit: with that said, I will still use Coachnet...I'm just better informed now....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Coachnet gave us great service when we had our HDT and trailer towed in Atlanta on our way to the ECR in April. The tow truck company was another story, unfortunately. Coachnet advocated for us and was ready to fire the tow operator and call another one if we wanted. I really can't put much blame on Coachnet other than they possibly could have a better way to screen who they call. I doubt I could not have done any better had I chosen a tow company myself.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

What Jack said , as a previous AAA provider in a northern Mi recreation area I've gone on wrecker calls to unstuck a 4x4 and boat trailer from a public access, 100 yards out in the lake. from a hunting camp 3/4 mile down a fire trail after 14 inches of snow overnite. and probably one of the fondest was the 3am call to rescue daddy's truck from a known mudpit when it couldn't climb back over the ice around the edges of the pit and I was supposed to wade in 18" of water to hook it up. Like Jack said read the fine print it's there to protect everyone from misuse/abuse it also leaves room for interpretation by the wrecker operator.

We were towed twice in our previous Class A and had one service call through Coach Net. On our first tow the driver/owner stated that Coach Net was the best company he dealt with. Where other companies will argue over price or call around looking for a lower cost tow service that might be a greater distance away but Coach Net wants to get the customer taken care of as soon as possible.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of a pic of the Pete towing a Volvo! :wub: Sorry Phil......

I had Coachnet but switched to Good Sam because of slightly better benefits and a tad cheaper? Have been lucky enough not to need any roadside service yet, so can't compare actual services. Also have AAA Platinum since I like the DMV and travel services they offer combined with the local towing service is good.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Since my rig is less than 2 years old I thought it would be awhile before I needed them. But when I had a blowout near Tahoe a few weeks ago in some nasty weather coachnet had me back on the road in an hour. I've never had nor needed roadside service before.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

I have tried to get Coach Net but they told me they would not cover my HDT unless it was singled, Jim I know that is not a issue for you.

They will cover tandems, but you need the motor home policy, not the towables policy.

I had to correct mine this year. If you have the motor home policy anything you are towing is automatically covered.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

They will cover tandems, but you need the motor home policy, not the towables policy.

I had to correct mine this year. If you have the motor home policy anything you are towing is automatically covered.

Geo

Ok great thanks for the info, I guess the girls working the booth did not know that, will check again.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Not trying to hijack but I've read the Good Sam Platinum Plus brochure and can find nothing limiting towing of converted semi even if tandem. Have I missed any " gotchas"?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Not trying to hijack but I've read the Good Sam Platinum Plus brochure and can find nothing limiting towing of converted semi even if tandem. Have I missed any " gotchas"?

Don't know if it's a "gotcha" but we had it happen 300 miles north of "Nowhere". (halfway between Whitehorse and the Alaska line)

Broke down, Susan goes to call for Good Sam while I stay with the rig. She gets flustered and tells the nice young man at Good Sam that our semi, towing our fifth wheel is broken and we need a tow. He replies that they don't cover commercial vehicles. No amount of trying to explain our legal, marital, mental, or social status would convince him that we are indeed a motorhome.

Now we have a sheet of paper in a notebook in the cab, listing all do's and don'ts of communicating with towing services, police officers, emergency personnel, etc.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Rick,

The brochure does say "Vehicles specifically designed to pull fifth wheel trailers" are covered. My Volvo fits that bill and is a motorhome, but that means nothing if the yokel on the phone doesn't agree. Thanks for the personal experience.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Jim,

I know you are asking about Coachnet but I just spoke (just to be sure) to Daniel at Good Sams and specifically described my truck (converted semi, tandem, non-commercial) and had him check with his supervisor. Assured me I am covered, so any problems with CoachNet try Good Sams.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived