Wifiranger with tethered Mifi

Roy & Ann

I have a Go2 with a tethered PANTECH MHS291LVW which I leave on 24/7. The problem I am encountering is the battery is burning out because the tether is constantly charging the Pantech. I tried to remove the battery, but the Pantech will not work without the battery.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

2005 New Horizons 36ft 5th/upgrades-Generator, Disk Brakes, Solar Package, Inverter. and more
2008 Ford F450 crew cab DRW

K3ROY
http://www.roanontheroad.blogspot.com/

I have had the same problem and as documented in a couple of previous topics on the subject so have a couple of others. The only solution I found was to buy a supply of replacement batteries from Amazon, unhook the mifi and connect to it by wifi when the speed was acceptable, and try to use the Sleek only when absolutely necessary.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

My Pantech MiFi was cooking the battery from always being charged because of the tether cable and the heat from the Sleek amplifier.

My solution was to but a Pantech modem and move the SIM card from the MiFi to the modem. The modem is designed for constant connection.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Yes.. we are finding that overtime the MHS291L definitely has battery issues. Here's our overview of the device: The Pantech MHS291L – MiFi / Jetpack Review

If you're running it right next to a booster, especially in a Cradle booster like the Sleek / 4G-S - it's even more compounded with the heat generated. Here's our tips for helping with that situation: Preventing Mobile Hotspot Battery Swelling when Using a Cradle Booster

Some of our members found a hack around it to run the MiFi without the battery installed.. and wrote a member-only step-by-step guide for our RVMobileInternet community. It can be found on our resource center.

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Yes.. we are finding that overtime the MHS291L definitely has battery issues. Here's our overview of the device: The Pantech MHS291L – MiFi / Jetpack Review

If you're running it right next to a booster, especially in a Cradle booster like the Sleek / 4G-S - it's even more compounded with the heat generated. Here's our tips for helping with that situation: Preventing Mobile Hotspot Battery Swelling when Using a Cradle Booster

Some of our members found a hack around it to run the MiFi without the battery installed.. and wrote a member-only step-by-step guide for our RVMobileInternet community. It can be found on our resource center.

- Cherier

The cradle booster is not the problem. I have one but don't use it so it is not powered on. I keep an air gap anyway.

I did joined your web site and I will try the hack once a new battery arrives. The hack looks like it may be the answer.

Thanks

Roy

2005 New Horizons 36ft 5th/upgrades-Generator, Disk Brakes, Solar Package, Inverter. and more
2008 Ford F450 crew cab DRW

K3ROY
http://www.roanontheroad.blogspot.com/

Archived