RV HUMOR "FULL TIMERS"

Dave O

Top 25 signs that you live in your RV full-time!

You might live in an RV if

1) Your GPS is your best friend!

2) You NEVER know where items are in the grocery store.

3) You dump your own sewage and it is no big deal.

4) Your family has to ask you where you are when they

call.

5) You keep both winter and summer wardrobes because

you don’t know where you will end up.

6) You know what snowbirds are and have seen them in

their natural habitat.

7) Your HOME has wheels.

8) You blog so that YOU will remember where you have

been!

9) You look in your pantry and see that you have cereal

from New Jersey, pasta from Texas, canned goods

from Alabama and crackers from California.

10) You are always the new guy in town

11) You know where to find the best, most reliable internet.

12) You own very little and are proud of that!

13) You follow the warm weather.

14) You hang pictures and decoration on the wall with velcro.

15) You don’t own any figurines or other cutesy stuff that sits on countertops.

16) You have slept in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

17) You meet up with a family in Virginia that you met in California!

18) Your kids remember friends by what state they met them in!

19) You grocery shop every three days because your refrigerator is so small.

20) You have been to more museums, aquariums, national parks, monuments and zoos than you

can remember.

21) You have ever “pulled chocks”.

22) You look confused when someone asks you “where are you from?”

23) You get your mail 2-3 months late regularly from your mail forwarding service.

24) You have witnessed your toilet “burping” at you.

25) You crave adventure and can not wait to see what is around the next corner!

Credit to the Boomers news letter from which I stole it.

Dave O

Full Timer

22) You look confused when someone asks you “where are you from?”

Now "that's" hilarious... and so true. :lol: All the years on the road I still have no good answer for that. Trips me up every time.

26) With any new purchase the first two questions that have to be answered are "how much does it weigh?" and "how many amps does it take?".

28 ) A severe weather alert pops up and you both look at the other hoping they know what county you are in.

29 ) A severe weather alert pops up and you both look at the other hoping they will get up and get the receipt out of the truck despite the pouring rain.

30 ) A severe weather alert pops up and you both look at the other, sigh "not again" and decide to hunker down and hope for the best.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

31) You haven't worn a watch for months and have to think twice when someone asks you what day of the week it is.

32) "Ruining your day" isn't a flat tire on your trailer.. it's getting to the dump station and realizing you're out of surgical gloves.

31) You haven't worn a watch for months and have to think twice when someone asks you what day of the week it is.

32) "Ruining your day" isn't a flat tire on your trailer.. it's getting to the dump station and realizing you're out of surgical gloves.

Or in your case having to rely on your friends on Escapees,com to get down out of the maintains without running out of fuel. :P

I don't think I would have ever thought of doing that, and I got to hand it to you it worked.

Or in your case having to rely on your friends on Escapees,com to get down out of the maintains without running out of fuel. :P

I don't think I would have ever thought of doing that, and I got to hand it to you it worked.

Good Morning Tex

Sounds like an interesting story. Please tell us "the rest of the story".

Dave O

Dig back in the archives. Basically, one member got into a spot, rain washed the way in, he was running low on fuel so couldn't explore much, and some other Escapees helped him back to civilization.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Dig back in the archives. Basically, one member got into a spot, rain washed the way in, he was running low on fuel so couldn't explore much, and some other Escapees helped him back to civilization.

I'll bet you tell the end of the movie to all your friends , don't you . :D

Goes around , comes around .

I was just going to let Yarome tell it would be much better coming from him.

Exactly when did this turn from a "RV humor for full timers" to "RV full timers are hilarious" thread??

Right off I'll apologize to the OP for the hi-jack.

Fine.. under duress I'll tell it.

This past June I was trying to stay ahead of the flooding hitting Texas and was high-tailing it out of the area. I turned to the forum for ideas of where I could go to keep ahead of the storms and (in collusion no doubt) Tex Bigfoot (you're in it now, bud, for bringing this up), TrailerTraveler, and Jim2 (Jim), routed me North West up into the Cibola NF area just south of Mt. Baldy. (knowing full well, no doubt, that the Southern roads are routinely washed out that time of year).

So all was well and beautiful for a couple of weeks. MAGNIFICENT vistas and day walks that make you contemplate the divine.

My mistake? In my haste and long lines at the pump out of Texas I forgot to fill my aux tank. Come day 12 I thought I would venture down to town and hit the grocery in Magdelena or Soccoro. That's when I found out the way I came in was completely impassable. Spent nearly a day driving over and around every which way, hitting snow and closed gates. I headed back to my rig and cranked up the satellite. At that point I posted to the forum that the gates were closed. Jim was kind enough to let me know.. "Oh.. yeah.. the observatory closes the gates".

I ended up finding my own way down on old forest roads and coasted on fumes into Magdelana (there's nothing like the on board computer telling you "0" miles to empty for the previous 10 minutes into town) .

All was well. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. If you don't believe me that SKP's would do such a thing.. here's a link to the original thread:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=118281&hl=

With all due respect to Yarome, I honestly couldn't remember who the wayward soul was, and wouldn't have stepped on a good story, had I known the teller was following along.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

With all due respect to Yarome, I honestly couldn't remember who the wayward soul was, and wouldn't have stepped on a good story, had I known the teller was following along.

If you followed the link you would realize I was lying though my teeth and the aforementioned saved my bacon. ;)

Funny how many of these apply to FreightKampers, too. :)

I always say I never expected to have a job in which I wake up and ask my husband what state we're in. :lol:

New Domain!! Blogging at workingtourists.com

Fulltime FreightKampers since 2010

2006 Freightliner M2 Business Class

96" ICT Sleeper - Living Fulltime Comfortably in 64 sf !

Archived