2008 Honda CRV LX with flat-tow hardware installed

Austin, Texas.

2008 Honda CRV LX, 2wd, automatic transmission, leather interior, 51k miles, TOW-READY.

$13,000.

Full disclosure - we don't own an RV.

Three years ago we bought our '08 CRV from my mother in law, who does have an RV, as we were expecting a second baby and needed a car larger than my Fit. Well, now we have a brand new Highlander and the CRV is sort of redundant.

My MIL had bought the car for a local runabout but also because she could flat-tow it behind their Seneca. I left the bumper bars in place and have the slides, or whatever they're called, that attach it to the tow bar. She said this was critical as it makes the car impossible for RVers to resist!

The car only has 51,000 miles and has been regularly maintained with oil changes, filter replacements, tire rotations, and all that jazz. It's glacier blue with gray leather interior, WeatherTech all-weather mats, an Alpine head unit with Bluetooth, and aftermarket UV tinted windows (Texas legal, which is possibly darker than your state allows). There's a scuff on the driver's side rear bumper that I'm planning to have fixed. Otherwise the paint is almost like new. The thing was really well cared for by its previous owners, something we've tried to continue. I average about 22 MPG in mixed driving, but mostly city.

It's been flawless for us in the three years we've had it. But like I said, sort of redundant with my wife's new family truckster in the garage. I'd like to downside into something more sensible for my commute.

Happy to share a VIN with you. I was involved in a minor fender bender last year that required a new bumper cover.

Sorry, I don't have a ton of photos yet as I need to have it detailed. But here she is in the driveway, next to my project car.

If anyone is interested I will post quality pics this weekend.

post-53236-0-80777300-1441228953_thumb.jpg

post-53236-0-06494200-1441229135_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived