Childs seats in a class A MH?

Phil Saran

We are planning a trip to the West Coast next summer (2016) and want to take our daughter and two grandkids.

We have a couch and banquette both with seat belts so I know what to do for the 7-1/2 yr. (then) olds car seat, but

the 1-1/2 yr. old (then) car seat needs more anchoring. He is a heavy kid (23 lbs. now at 8 months old) so he will

be a bruiser by then.

What have others done so they could take their grand kids along??

Open to comments and opinions.

Hi All

Our Grandson at 1 1/2 rode in one of those car seats that completely enclose and straps in the child. The seat was then buckled in on the couch.

At age 3 he rode in the front passenger seat so he could see out and participate in our conversations as we went along. He had outgrown the "Carseat" but did use a "booster seat" sometimes.

None of our children or grandchildren rode in "Carseats" much beyond 3 or four years old.

Dave O

I would be remiss if I didn't address something here...

When putting a safety seat into an RV, please anchor the seat tether to the framework of the RV, not merely onto the couch/seat/whatever. That action could mean the difference between life and death for your beloved little ones.

Archived