older american pusher motorhomes in australia

ozzypete

hi hoping for some advice here going full time in australia and working.big open spaces here not many hills...so our chioce of motorhomes here very limited but i have been reading your forums about quality and the complaints about new motorhomes is a bit scary.......anyhow there is a choice of a rockwood 1988..with a slide and a reconditioned cat 3208 7 thou miles ago for 50 thou us......or nice looking1989 vogue11 with the cat motor 36 ft for 90 thou us....89 country couch..cat motor 38 ft 75 thou us....or a few winnibago vectra 35 ft with the cummins 230 hp...these type of motorhomes well looked after with high milage against coachmen mirada double slides ford triton v10 2003-5 for about 100,000 us ..i do like the layout of the national caribean 1999 with the 230 hp cummins for about 150,000us but read in your forums that not many made and can get cracked front windscreen

any advice... better to go with the newer slide models or better quality older ones..any advice appreciated

regards..pete

Just my opinion but an 89 DP for $75 thousand is horribly high. I would expect to by something like that here in Canada and the US for $20 k.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

hi and thanks for your replys they are strict on imports well they have to be rewired for 230 v and the entrance doors are on the wrong side.....plus the steering wheel ect moved to the (wrong) side...... the width of a motorhome is less than the us.....but all the motorhomes i mentioned are already here in australia and compliant so a bit like cuba we keep them running....we have a lot of buses that are converted to motorhomes if i had 500,000 oz dollars i would like a rexhall airbus but i will have to put that one on the back burner.....all the motorhomes mentioned were imported to australia and customs officers are definately to be avoided at all costs

what about the coachman miradas there are quite a few here

thanks for any help

Archived