Advice Please! De-lamintation or Possible Water damage?

GypsyQueen7

I am interested in the attached 5th wheel, it's a 95 Nu-Wa Hitchhiker II, 27ft, for $7950, I'm going down to look at it tomorrow, if I can get off of work early enough, and it's still there...but I can't seem to find an inspectors in my area, so at the least I'll be bringing a moisture meter with me. On the photo it looks like the covering/paint on the ceiling is coming loose...can anyone tell if this might be caused by a leak? Or is it just normal wear and tear that can be easily repaired?

Thanks in advance!

Kirsten

post-52800-0-63946100-1441157726_thumb.jpg

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

We have had the wall paper come loose in 2 small areas and ripple. Push your fingers against the ceiling to see if the wood behind the loose covering is solid, it should be. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

I'd be very wary. That's not wallpaper coming loose. It sure looks to me like it has gotten wet which means leaks. That looks fairly major.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

I'd bet on water and it is not an easy repair if that is the thin vinyl usually bonded to a luan base in an RV. That wet you will likely find debonding and possibly mold issues once you remove the ceiling paneling.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

If it is from a leak I would suspect the TV antenna, easy to check for mold by taking the crank assembly apart and looking up into the ceiling.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

If it is from a leak I would suspect the TV antenna, easy to check for mold by taking the crank assembly apart and looking up into the ceiling. It could be something as simple as the boot that seals the coax missing or not sealed.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Archived