Centramatics Balancers

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

Considering ordering a set of Centramatics for the truck. The old tires have Dynabeads in them and haven't had any issues with the TST sensors. Cost of the Dynabeads is about half of the Centramatics, but if you need to change a tire, you loose the beads. Centramatics stay with the truck. Suggestions? Besides making sure the tires are road force balanced to begin with....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We have Centramatics on our HDT. It had a slight vibration and I thought maybe the Centramatics would help. It turned out to be a front tire that was bad but there still on the truck. The truck is smooth and no vibration so the Centramatics haven't hurt anything. We just through a pack of Equal in the tires along with the Centramatics and it rides and drives fine. Very smooth.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

I recently put new tires on my truck. Also put Centramatics on all 3 axles. Truck is noticeably smoother. Is it the tires, the Centramatics, or a bit of both? Probably a bit of both, but it is definitely smoother.

Steve

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Just noticed your post on balance issue. I have a similar problem. Have just had new michelin steer tires put on. Have a issue between 40 and 50 mph a slight bounce that leaves at higher speeds. I have taken it back to tire dealer twice for spin balance but it is still there. I was wandering about balance beads or something in that nature. What do you all think

A trucker friend who runs almost 4000 a week and mounts his own tires uses what he calls centering collars. These fit on 3 wheel studs and take up the slight space between the rim and the stud which centers the rim to the studs. He then tightens nuts on the studs that have no collars and then removes the collars and installs the remaining nuts. This procedure ensures that there is 0 runout as the wheel turns. 0 runout + balance beads = smooth ride and long life.

I watched a tire installer use the eyeball and chalk method to check runout on a new set of tires on my MH. It worked but nowhere near as accurate as those collars.

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

I have never heard anyone complain about Centrarmatics, so I put them on the rear when I replaced the drive tires. So far I like tham. I will add a set to the steer axle when I replace those tires.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Centering while mounting as mentioned above is a good idea, though rarely done. I credit the centimatics I have on here for extending tge life of the front tires from an average of 100k miles to something over 135k miles. Balancing with weights is largely ineffective unless done several times during the life of the tire, negating any savings.

No OEM truck manufacturer balances any tires at the factory. That is their take on the topic.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Ditto on the Centrarmatics. I have them front and rear and believe they are working well. No vibration from tires at any speed. Getting good steer tire wear. Also new shocks, welded spring eye pins, Safe-T-Plus and tie rod ends with alignment.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

• 4 weeks later...

Centramatics are on! Ride is smoother, steering wheel is absolutely dead, no vibration at all, its just like holding the wheel at a stop.

There were DynaBeads in the old tires, either the new tires are more balanced from the factory,

Or the Centramatics are great!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Thanks for the info Jim. I installed them on the rears when I replaced the tires last month. I may buy a set for the front soon. I currently have beads in the front.

2014 smart Fortwo

A lot do the beads now a days....

I've had the Dyna beads in both dually pickups and in motorcycles and they do work. Just not well enough for me in the Volvo.

In the past, if I have any vibration in the steering wheel I hunt for the issue, either tires, alignment, front end rebuild, suspension, whatever. I traded a 2006 Z06 vette that would develop a vibration at 95-100mph and not leave until over 150mph (track only) . The dealer and I replaced everything on the car, tires, rims-balanced by themselves, all the steering from the steering wheel to the road, suspension everything. They finally gave me a great trade in on another year model..

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We ran the centramatics on all axles of our commercial trucks and trailers for years. Our tread life on both drives and steers on the tractor, plus axles of the trailer far exceeded that of our friends that ran without them hauling similar freight with similar equipment. The set of cetramatics that we sold with the commercial truck and trailer this past March are still in use and performing as they were designed to do. They had been moved from the T/T we owned before the most recent one, and had just shy of two million miles on them when we sold it. Best more we ever spent!!!

Lead Campground Host at Ross Prairie Trailhead and Campground on the Cross Florida Greenway

Retired business owner

Author

2013 Redwood 36FB Fiver

2001 Volvo Vnl 420 HDT Toter

!958 Harley Davidson Sportster XLH [survivor bike]

Proud dad of Abby the Boston Terrier

100_3094_zpsxdkzvegd.jpg

One issue with dyna beads, although cheaper, is that they recommend a special valve stem if you run a TPMS that screws onto the valve stem.

2014 smart Fortwo

Ron, is that just a different valve core or a whole new valve stem?

2014 smart Fortwo

I have used beads in many different vehicles with hit/miss which ended up not so great results overall. Most of the time vibrations would come and go for no reasons.

My truck has Centramatics on it and it is perfectly smooth over 100 mph.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Where's the best place to buy these tire balancing wonders ????

JC

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Archived