RV purchase

robmor

I am looking to purchase an class A MH soon very soon. I was looking at the PLQ model because of the rear lounge will make a good office but it is found in 2005-2007 Monaco and Holiday Ramblers which I understand have serious suspension problems. Can anyone clarify this for me before I purchase one thank you

First of all, welcome to the Escapee forums! I hope that you find the group to be all that you are looking for and we are here to help in any way that we may be able.

On the suspension problems, I'm wondering a bit more specific information as I'm not aware of any big "to do" over such problems. I did do some internet searching and this is what I found on those two.

• Recalls February 16, 2007
  • 2,086 (2001-2003) Monaco La Palma, (2001-2002) Monaco Monarch, (2002-2003) Monarch SE, (2001-2002) Holiday Rambler Admiral, (2002-2003) Holiday Rambler Admiral SE, (2001-2002) Endeavor gas and (2001-2003) Vacationer Class A motorhomes. The lower flange in the frame extension of these units may crack, allowing the hitch to bend and possibly separate from the motorhome, resulting in separation with the towed vehicle.
  • 171 (2007) Monaco, Cayman, Holiday Rambler Admiral, Neptune, Safari, Simba, Simba Diesel and Trek gasoline powered motorhomes. An incorrect screw was used to install the black and white CRT back-up monitor in the dash and could potentially hit a high-voltage circuit on the PC board of about 10,000 to 13,000 volts.
  • Posted on March 12, 2008
    • Monaco Corp. has announced the recall of 113 MY 2007-2008 Simba toyhauler motorhomes because of inadequate clearance between the rear wheels. Potentially, the tires could rub against the screws that secure the panels for the holding tank storage area, eventually leading to a tire blowout with its attendant risks of an accident. Dealers will correct the problem.
    • Monaco is recalling 1,733 MY 2006-2007 Diplomat and Holiday Rambler Endeavor motor homes equipped with wiper systems supplied by AM Equipment. The drive motor link becomes disengaged during operation from the wiper drive arm where it attaches to the drive arm causing the wiper system to fail. When the wiper system fails, the operator will have reduced visibility which could result in a crash. Monaco will replace the complete under-the-hood wiper system with a new model, reusing the wiper arm and blades. The recall is expected to begin March 2008. Owners may contact Monaco at 1-800-685-6545.
    • Monaco is recalling 122 MY 2006-2007 Camelot and Holiday Rambler Scepter Class A motor homes. The rubber liquid propane (LP) hose on the back of the refrigerator may have extra length of hose. This extra hose should have been pulled back by the main house connection and secured. This extra hose potentially can be damaged by heat from the burner tube if the hose comes in contact with the burner flue. If the hose is in contact with the burner flu for an extended period of time, the hose can melt causing an LP leak with the possibility of a fire. Dealers will inspect the refrigerator compartment and for excess LP hose. If the hose is not damaged, it will be secured with a clamp away from the burner flue. If the hose shows any sign of melting or fatigue, it will be replaced free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during late March 2008. Owners may contact Monaco at 1-800-685-6545.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Monaco had problems with rear trailing arms cracking on some diesel pushers. I have two friends that had to have after market replacements installed. A few thousand dollars IIRC. It was on their checkbook as Monaco went into bankruptcy around that time. Don't know specific models or years.

Jim  Corey

2006 Monaco Monarch 30 pdd

'12 Honda CRV toad

Archived