parking recommendations Texas to Florida 2016

June Genis

I will be traveling to a convention in Orlando that occurs over Memorial Day weekend next year. I will be roughly following I10 east from CA until Florida. Looking for recommendations on inexpensive but adequate places to stay. I will be spending about a week in San Antonio, Houston and New Orleans. Everything else is flexible as long as I'm in Orlando early in the week before Memorial day. Afterwards I will be roughly traveling I95 north with stops near Savannah and Charleston, a longer one in DC to do some genealogy at the National Archives, then Philly, NYC, CT (near Winsted preferably) and on to Escapade. I already know there really isn't a convenient location near NYC other than Liberty Harbor which is expensive, but I have family to visit there I will be going into the city often.

I can boondock (have solar and a generator) but my cats travel with me so will need electric anywhere that will be hot. Eventually I will be heading back to Jojoba Hills SKP Resort in CA but haven't begun to think about that part of my route. I'm hoping I might find some traveling companions at Escapade.

June

First part is easy. Follow the SKP parks east.they come out to about a days drive apart, say 400 miles. San Antonio is tough. The best for location, on the city bus line, is a KOA. Cost of KOA and bus ticket versus parking in town and cheaper RV park is about a wash. April and May are starting to get warm, read that as hot and further to the East more humid. Up the East Coast by July can be like the Gulf Coast or nights in Vermont in the 60's.

Enjoy

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

In San Antonio:

Travelers World RV Park. Very convenient to bus to downtown. Close to all the Missions which are well worth visiting.

Blazing Starr RV Park. Quite a ways from downtown, but a very nice park.

Greentree Village. About 2 miles from a quick Park & Ride bus to downtown. Not the nicest park in town, but safe & comfortable

KOA is reported to be on a bus line to downtown.

As mentioned above, go to RVParkReviews for details of the parks.

Coming across I-10 in early/mid May will be warm to hot. So you will want to stay in RV Parks & not Walmarts, unless you will run your generator & AC all night.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

In San Antonio:

In close proximity to Blazing Star RV Resort (mentioned above) is another one called The Admiralty RV Resort. Both of these are inside Loop 1604 near SeaWorld, and neither are cheap, but both are nice.

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

Archived