FlowPur Water Filter

dropframe

It is time to change the built in water filter for the first time in my used 2008 Fleetwood Southwind. FlowPur tells me I need to buy MAXETW-975RV replacement filter from them. Has anybody purchased a replacement filter elsewhere? This is the filter that goes into their all white housing (used on many RV models) water filters.

First of all, let me welcome you to the Escapee forums! I am happy that you have joined us and we will do all that we are able to help and support you in your RV travels.

Manufacturers always recommend use of the products that they sell. Looking at a picture of the listed cartridge on the FlowPur website it would seem that there are amply other filters cartridges that would fit just fine. Amazon Market lists a cartridge from Watts that is listed as a replacement for that same cartridge but for half of the cost! Like the previous poster, I have purchased many filter cartridges from the RV Water Filter Store and have found their information and services to be very good. But I have also used filters from Lowe's and several other sources and found then to be excellent products. You really are the only one who can make the choice of what is best for you as there are filter cartridges that range from simple sediment filters to some that remove heavy metals and biologic hazards.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Give these guys a call or send them an email. They will have what you need.

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/

Ditto ...I rarely buy a water filter anywhere else. I simply go the the website to do my order.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

This is a link to the Lowe's filters that we have used and I suggest that you take one of your old filter cartridges with you to be sure that they match. Most of the filter housings will accept the standard filter cartridges.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I need a brick and mortar store. I full time, so shipping is difficult.[/font][/color]

I was full-time too for many years. I ordered from them once a year with shipping to me wherever I was. They were the only place I found to get the 1 micron sediment filters I prefer. Believe they sell them in a pack of 2. I change them every 3 months so ordered 2 packs a year along with the ADC filter for under he sink. Totally ruling out mail order limits you to a few local selections at higher prices.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Archived