AIS RV Insurance agency problems

hwh

On Aug 7th I contacted Escapees endorsed insurance agency AIS RV Insurance, got a quote, and ordered a Progressive policy through them to replace a higher priced Good-Sam (National General) policy. Both companies sent emails welcoming me and telling me the policy was active. Progressive even emailed a temporary insurance card and info to login to their website. The login didn't work so I waited a couple of days, tried again, failed to login again, and phoned them. They were unable to explain why it didn't work but said AIS messed up sending them the policy. "It'll take 3 days to fix" they said. Over the 2 1/2 weeks since then I've called 6 more times between the two companies, each time they blamed the other company and said "It'll take 3 days to fix".

If you want insurance, don't call AIS. Escapees should remove it's endorsement of the company.

Hank Hankins
1988 Chinook Class B RV

www.hankswandering.com

If you want insurance, don't call AIS. Escapees should remove it's endorsement of the company.

I understand your frustration but I think that one bad experience shouldn't be grounds to condemn a company. I've received excellent service from AIS for the 4+ years we've been RVing.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I understand your frustration but I think that one bad experience shouldn't be grounds to condemn a company. I've received excellent service from AIS for the 4+ years we've been RVing.

If I had the problem, called them, and they fixed it then I'd say fine, it was just an isolated mistake. My problem with them is despite half a dozen calls over a two week period neither company can even figure out why the policy doesn't come up or say when the problem will really be fixed. All I get is "It'll be fixed in 3 days" over and over. If their service is this bad selling a policy how bad would it be if you actually had to file a claim.

This has dragged on so long I finally had to pay Good-Sam insurance on the old policy because AIS/Progressive can't even tell me if the new policy is covering me.

Hank Hankins
1988 Chinook Class B RV

www.hankswandering.com

From what I read above, you got a Progressive Insurance Policy sold thru the AIS Agency.

Does Progressive sell RV policies? or is it an add on to an auto policy? When I last looked Good Sam was

the cheapest that I could find for an RV policy with full replacement coverage. Good Luck

It's an RV policy, it even has full timer coverage. Neither policy had full replacement coverage, for an older RV it just doesn't make sense to me. The Progressive policy was about a third more for a full year than Good Sam was for six months. Both had the same coverages and limits.

I asked the other Escapees endorsed vendor, Foremost Insurance, for a quote but they won't sell you insurance if you are a full timer and only own one vehicle. If you have a toad, even insured elsewhere, they're fine with it but they wouldn't even quote insurance when they found out the the RV is driven 100% of the time.

Hank Hankins
1988 Chinook Class B RV

www.hankswandering.com

First a question. Have you reported your problems to the Escapee's office so that they know about the problem? They can't deal with any problems unless someone first reports that there is a problem. If you did contact them, what did they say?

I asked the other Escapees endorsed vendor, Foremost Insurance,

In looking at the endorsed vendor list, there are two more insurance agencies on that list.

RVer Insurance Exchange BancorpSouth Insurance Services

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I contacted Escapees a little earlier than I made the original post. Kelly replied a little while ago and said she'd forward it to her contact at AIS.

I haven't contacted the other two endorsed vendors. I've been hoping AIS/Progressive will get their act together. Progressive says when I cancel the Good Sam insurance Good Sam will refund back to the date the Progressive was ordered, Aug 7th. Laying out the money for two policies is bad enough, I can't afford to pay for a third one so for the moment contacting the other vendors wouldn't work.

Hank Hankins
1988 Chinook Class B RV

www.hankswandering.com

We recently purchased a full-timers rv policy thru a different agent for Progressive. The temporary used id and password given to me in a print out also did not work to log in. Instead I actually filled in the information like I was logging in for the first time with my own created user id and answered the questions it asked and I then had access to my policies. There was a specific website to use that WAS NOT progessive.com. Are you using a correct website?

On Edit: We did sign up for the paperless option which gives a discount. I think it is possible to have Progressive mail policies/proofs to you if you would rather have that.

Pat DeJong

The website is originally progressiveagent.com but when you click to login it goes to onlineservice4.progressive.com the same as trying to login on through progressive.com. The system doesn't recognize the temporary id they sent, my email address (same one progressive emailed the policy info to), or my policy number (with or without the letters at the beginning, with or without the dash). If I try to register it doesn't recognize the policy number.

Also, when I phone them they claim it's in their system as a quote only but they can see that they sent me the temp insurance cards and welcome message. They keep saying it'll take 3 days to fix each time I call them. Friday it'll be 3 weeks they've been saying that and trying to fix the policy. I like the policy price and coverage if they could just get it straight in their computers.

Hank Hankins
1988 Chinook Class B RV

www.hankswandering.com

From what I read above, you got a Progressive Insurance Policy sold thru the AIS Agency.

Does Progressive sell RV policies? or is it an add on to an auto policy? When I last looked Good Sam was

the cheapest that I could find for an RV policy with full replacement coverage. Good Luck

It is my understanding that the relative price depends on the state in which you purchase it. Because a particular company is the least expensive in one state doesn't mean that it is least expensive in all states.

In my opinion, insurance is sort of "smoke and mirrors" depending on WHICH state you are in.

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

First a question. Have you reported your problems to the Escapee's office so that they know about the problem? They can't deal with any problems unless someone first reports that there is a problem. If you did contact them, what did they say?

In looking at the endorsed vendor list, there are two more insurance agencies on that list.

RVer Insurance Exchange BancorpSouth Insurance Services

KIRK

Did YOU contact HQ? This just doesn't seem logical.

Kelly or whomever would normally do more than just "forward to AIS contact.

Dave O

I've exchanged emails with Kelly, spoken to her contact at AIS two or three times, and I've lost count of the times I've spoken to various people at Progressive. All the insurance people seem to have more or less the same answer, "somehow the upload from AIS to Progressive was messed up. it will take three days to fix." They've been saying that over and over for almost a month now. Next Tuesday will be a full month since I first contacted Progressive about the problem. I didn't contact Kelly until a little over a week ago.

The last time I spoke to AIS (last Friday) she said Progressive was giving up on fixing the existing policy, generating a new one, and that I'd have it Monday or Tuesday. It's now Thursday.

I contacted Kelly again this morning and she's contacting her person at AIS again.

-Hank

Hank Hankins
1988 Chinook Class B RV

www.hankswandering.com

AIS/Progressive finally got this all worked out earlier today, three days short of a month.

In the end they quit trying to fix the policy they issued on Aug 7th that their system somehow messed up. They just issued a new policy and backdated it to the same starting date.

Without Kelly getting her contact at AIS involved I'm not sure if they'd have ever gotten the insurance policy fixed.

Hank Hankins
1988 Chinook Class B RV

www.hankswandering.com

I'm glad you're finally fixed but I don't understand why you didn't ask them to do this weeks ago. Anyone can have a problem but if it isn't fixed in a reasonable time, say a week, then IMO you should work your way up to a supervisor then their boss, etc. Unfortunately today, if you don't "tell" them what you want, like a new policy issued, they will just keep putting things off. Of course that is just me. I do not let anything go beyond a week without putting my foot down and I do get results. I stay respectful but firm in that if you can't help me get me someone else.

We have had AIS for years with National Interstate and they have been great to work with even when we did have a claim or 2. Again, I'm happy to hear you are A-OK now. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

The latest on the AIS/Progressive problem. When Progressive gave up on trying to fix the original policy in their computers and just created a new policy that started the same date they increased the premium by $85 per year. We're back to the same "it'll take three days to correct the problem". I've heard that twice now and their website still says the premium is $85 higher. They keep promising to honor the original premium but claim they don't even know why it's higher and "it'll take three days to correct the problem".

Progressive should change it's slogan from "You could save over $500 on car insurance" to "it'll take three days to correct the problem". Of course, it's not really three days, it's much longer. The original problem they had entering the policy into their computer took almost 30 days to fix. Tomorrow will be 10 days they've been trying to get their system to show the correct premium.

Hank Hankins
1988 Chinook Class B RV

www.hankswandering.com

I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems with your insurance. Have you considered asking AIS about switching to National Interstate & what the cost would be?

I'm not sure I would be comfortable staying with a company who can't get my billing right. If the are this bad on premiums what would they do if you had a claim? Just my thoughts. Good Luck. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

Di,

It's gotten to the point that I just want to see if they can ever get it straight. Since the coverage is in effect and even their website says it's paid through mid-2016 I'm just watching and calling about once a week. I paid the original policy premium and their website now says I owe another two payments totaling $85 due in June and July of 2016. Worst case if they don't get it worked out before then I'll pay the $85. It's still cheaper than the Good Sam policy it replaced.

The original problem seems to have been a computer glitch that messed up the upload of the policy from AIS to Progressive. It appears that Progressive doesn't have any really good computer or database people on staff so no one knows how to fix all this.

From all the comments here and elsewhere I think Progressive is probably fine to deal with for routine things like claims. It's just they can't figure out how to handle something different like a computer glitch.

Hank

Hank Hankins
1988 Chinook Class B RV

www.hankswandering.com

Archived