Polished my nuts today

Broncohauler

Well the new company truck needs some bling.

So I took the hub caps that my son gave me off my old truck. And took a buffing wheel to a set of Old wheel nuts.

Couple people ask about polishing stainless well here you go. C5651282-EE25-4E9C-878D-E3FB475205EA_zps

Here's the before along with one I cleaned up.

C2889DE8-47C7-433F-B152-2B27938C3B81_zps

I used a bench grinder with a soft wheel and I use green rouge.

F9A0B62A-968D-4F90-A3B5-026A809F3705_zps

I need a new gaurd I know

7D051C12-49FF-452A-8145-E03882C8CDDD_zps

And the finished product.

Lookin' good. My old lug nut covers were cheap chrome and badly rusted. They wouldn't polish up like yours did. Charlie

Give it a try some of the old covers are chrome. But most are plastic or low grade stainless that will show signs of rust.

I had my son price new ones Wow it was about $57 for 60ea of stainless or up to $200 for plastic.

Broncohauler, YOU WERE RIGHT !!!! Because my lug nuts were so rusty and strongly attracted by a magnet, I WRONGLY assumed that they were chrome and damaged beyond repair. At your urging, I tried one on a wire wheel and it looks great, I will try a polishing wheel and if that doesn't take the rust off well enough, I will wire brush and then polish them. THANKS, Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Gonna try this also, thanks.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

You should be fine with just a medium not to firm buffing wheel. They make other Color rouge grays usually for stainless but to be honest I think green works the best.

For the hubcaps I use turtle wax chrome polish and an old sock turned inside out that works the best for me.

And honestly the hubcaps are fairly cheap to buy new.

Looks like the "Hunchback-of-Lugnuts" in the reflection of the hubcap.......

7D051C12-49FF-452A-8145-E03882C8CDDD_zps

Drive on...........(shineeeeee.......)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived