Alternate source for some Volvo parts

sclord2002

I just ordered a boost sensor for my Volvo D12D engine from aliexpress.com for $49.00. Go to the site and search for 20700060. Looks like a potentially long delivery time but that doesn't matter so much for pre-need parts. They also have other Volvo sensors, etc. I have no afiliation with this site but thought it might be of interest to others. Use at your own risk. Be safe. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

So is that an OEM part, or a knockoff? I'd be wanting OEM for THIS part.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack, I am pretty sure that it is aftermarket. I have had good results with aftermarket parts but I realize you pay your money and take your chances. I'm not sure about how many OEM parts on our Volvos are actually made by Volvo or made to their specs by outside vendors. Your point is well taken, though. [That is why I put the "use at your own risk" sentence in]. Be safe. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the phone with OTR Performance which sells the turbo boost sensor. Wanted to be sure it was an OEM product before ordering. They told me it is aftermarket and replaces OEM but is not OEM. I asked about the manufacturer and was informed their supplier purchases from overseas but couldn't say for sure if it was Chinese Manufacture since packing had no label. I am not posting this to snub anyone who purchased from OTR but strictly for information purposes. I'm thinking sclord2002 site may be where I purchase and I'm thinking may be the supplier. Price is significantly less. If anyone has info about a direct OEM replacement please post as this project just entered into my long bucket list.

On edit class8truckparts advertises genuine Volvo part.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Aliexpress.com is a subsidiary of alibaba.com. Neither of them sell anything - they are simply marketplaces for thousands of Chinese companies. The likelihood if finding an OEM product on either site is right around 0%. There are decent products to be found on these sites, but you have to do your homework. It's still a crap shoot as there are lots of junk/knock-offs/scams. Not worth it IMO, unless it's something that you can't source from more legitimate channels.

Here's a link that sums it up nicely: http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/05/07/aliexpress_com_is_alibaba_s_factory_direct_marketplace_replete_with_scams.html

Jeremy

'01 Volvo 770, singled short

Custom hauler bed w/ gooseneck hitch

38' Aluminum Trailer Co. car hauler w/ living quarters, full bath

Archived