Microsoft Lumia 950 Windows 10 Release Date in October – Top Specs and Features

RV_

Wow!

It looks like we will see the much anticipated and mysterious Windows Phone 10/mobile 10 in the next 60 days or less.

Here is my speculation based on what I think the logical path for MS, and I have been wrong before. I would be willing to bet that the mystery and name Windows mobile 10 will be made available for another MS device. The Old MS Surface 8 RT tablets! That would make some buyers very happy, and it makes sense to me because they originally were supposed to be competition for the non full OS tablets from Apple and Android tablets from a variety of sources. My thinking is that the iPad and the Android tablets use a cell phone OS tailored for the limited dual and quad core Qualcomm and other limited capability phone processors. Since the now unsupported seeming Windows 8 RT tablets were sold, and had cell phone processors not Atom full OS SoCs.

Now that is a WAG because it would generate a l;ot of goodwill to MS and the processors should be upgradeable to Windows 10 mobile??? Hmmmm?

Excerpt:

"We all know that Microsoft has been working hard on a brand new operating system, the Windows 10 that is rumored to be released either at the end of September or in early October. The company has been rumored to be releasing some new handsets as well that will feature the new OS, as well as offer the update to other smartphones that in the present run the Windows Phone 8 operating system.

As any other tech geeks, we have been searching the web for some leaks about these new devices hitting the market, but so far everyone has been pretty quiet about Microsoft’s plans. But behold, we stumbled upon something not a long time ago, something that we thought we’d share with our readers.

The rumors in the tech world were that Microsoft will launch two more members in the Lumia ‘family’: the 940 and 940 XL. However, recently a Chinese website has shown a photo of what seems to be one of the upcoming devices: a prototype of the Lumia 950. We’re not sure on what the exact name of the device will be, but the photo does look legit. The XL version will most likely be a phablet.

Looking at the device, which has very a very angular body with a somewhat transparent case, we can assume that the measures of the display are between 5.5 inches and 5.7 inches. Considering that the website the picture was posted on does not mention if the device is the regular or the XL one, we believe that it actually shows the XL version of the new Lumia gadget, as the display is on the larger side.

The Lumia 950’s model is supposedly numbered RM-1116, and is rumored to come with an USB Type-C port which seems to be the choice for many companies nowadays. As for other rumors, the processor is said to be a hexa-core backed up by 3 GB of RAM with a Qualcomm chipset (as for the exact model of the chip there is a dispute between Snapdragon 808 and Snapdragon 810).

The display is said to come with QHD technology that will ensure a beautiful 1440×2560 pixels resolution. Other rumors say that the display of the Lumia 950 will measure 5.2 inches which ensures as that the leaked photo was showing the Lumia 950 XL phablet."

More details in the article here: http://neurogadget.com/2015/08/23/microsoft-lumia-950-windows-10-release-date-in-october-top-specs-and-features/13256

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I'm pretty sure all the Lumia's that came with WP 8, and upgraded to 8.1 will Dennis.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived