PDI this Tuesday picking up a used 2014 Apex 249rbs

time_traveler

Is this the walk-through at delivery, or an inspection before you buy it? If an inspection then I'd suggest using this inspection guide, but if this is the walk-through for delivery it is the time to be sure that you know how to use everything. For a walk-through a great deal depends upon how much RV experience you have in the past. If you already know how to use all of the appliances, simply have the dealer demonstrate that each one is working and that is good enough, but if you are new to RV use it would be wise to video tape the entire thing an to also use a check list so that you make sure that you understand each appliance and don't miss any. Things like lighting the gas over if you have one, are often overlooked. Is there water connected and the water heater filled? If so is it working? Does the water heater have both electric and gas heat? Do you know how to empty the waste tanks? Do they have a flush system and if so, how does it work? Do you know how to connect the utilities to the trailer?

Basically if there is anything there which you do not know how to use, this is the time to learn and practice.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Buying from a dealer TT looks like it has never been used. When I looked @ it last week unable to connect 30amp power due to location on dealer lot we have agreed on price pending it passing inspection on delivery/pick up. Thanks for the advice Kirk. I grew RVing and this will be my 2nd RV but I have been out of RVing for the last 10 yrs

Archived