Travel Trailer Question

GypsyQueen7

GQ7, I know you have been getting some good advice, but since you said this was your first TT, I would find the one you really like and then go elsewhere and hire an RV tech (repairman).

There can be many hidden issues, the most costly could be hidden roof rot or floor rot that a pro will spot. I bought a trailer form a reputable dealer, who I was very familiar with...only to find out a few months later I had a slide out with roof rot. Cost me a pretty penny to repair.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Great idea Big5er! I found a local mobile RV tech who said he is backed up for weeks, but I'm going to contact him again once I find my trailer in case his backlog has gotten smaller. I also looked at a youtube video that showed you all the tools you need to do your own inspection...5 tools later (and he still had more to go) I realized that wasn't going to be a feasible idea for me, unless I plan on going into the RV inspection business...hmmm...there's an idea for working on the road :P Though I have thought of buying a moisture meter if they are not too expensive...figure it can't be a bad idea to have one on hand.

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Using a microfiber towel to dry your shower is also a good way to keep down moisture while keeping it clean. I find that more effective than a squeegee since it fits any curves including the lip at the top of the shower pan.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

, I would find the one you really like and then go elsewhere and hire an RV tech (repairman).

Really sound advice. There may even be one of the professional RV inspectors in your area. If you do a search with your favorite internet search engine you will probably find several so check there also. They are not yet available in all areas, but are becoming more available.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Using a microfiber towel to dry your shower is also a good way to keep down moisture while keeping it clean. I find that more effective than a squeegee since it fits any curves including the lip at the top of the shower pan.

Linda Sand

Just remember to hang it outside to dry or you defeat the purpose of drying in the first place. <_< Squeege first to remove "bulk" water and then dry with the towel, see, best of both worlds. :)

Good luck in your venture!

Happy Trails,

Florida Mike

EXPERTS AREN'T!! :D

A good quality hard wax on the shower fittings, walls and door, NOT the floor also makes drying and cleanup a lot easier. A lot of the hard water and soap deposits will just wipe off with your microfiber towel. We waxed our shower every year which was probably too often but it gave us something to do at our winter spot when it rained.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

You are not intending to move it. Winter is brutal on a TT, excess moisture inside is a real problem. You have to remove the propane tanks and take them to a fill station and put them back. Holding tanks have to be dumped. Consider a Park Model or small Mobile Home. The price is not that different at the comparable age and condition. Consider the living conditions and needed tasks in your location.

X100

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Archived