Hello from a new HDT owner

ChevyKeith

I just bought a 2007 Volvo 630 from a member of the board and wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have tried to read as much as I can the last couple months. I am learning about these HDTs, but have a long way to go. Not quite retired yet, but getting closer.

Have a 36' 5th wheel which just didn't pull right on my lifted 10 yr old Duramax - plenty of power but braking and handling and ride height were all issues. I also wanted to take my Rhino along with me and rather than double towing decided that an HDT with the Rhino on the bed and the 5th on the back made the most sense for me.

Still not quite sure what I have gotten myself into, but someone on the board had said you just have to take the leap and figure it out as you go. Matched up with how I learn things, so here I am.

Seems like lots of smart folks and helpful idea on this board. Thank You all so much for sharing, Hopefully I will learn some things to share back along the journey. Wish I could make the Kansas City meeting but I already have a work commitment that week. Maybe I can book next years when the dates are set and meet up with some of you all then.

As I get it all figured out over the next couple months, I will post some pictures etc.

Thanks again for a great board and all the useful discussions.

Keith

Thanks for all the replies and welcomes.

Broncohauler, nice looking rig. Your Rhino looks a little nicer than mine. I decided my Rhino was too long for sideways so took a sawsall and a welder to it this last week. Shes right about 102" now. Should be able to get some pictures of things next month when my schedule eases.

I live just west of Golden. Just finished getting the Volvo registered as a Motor Home in Jefferson County so I now know a little about that process if anyone needs help.

I have always been addicted to anything with an engine. So this HDT addiction has been pretty easy for me to pick up on. Since I love tinkering, I am sure I will have some mods to share as I get a little time on it.

I would love to do the October rally, but had already booked some work that week so I cant attend. Hopefully next years.

I promise I will get some pictures. I am traveling & working but should be able to get some next month.

Thought about changing the name but been using ChevyKeith for a while and I am awfully stuck in my ways.

Jack, would be nice to see your rig. I might be able to swing a trip in September. I will let you know. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Archived